Category:Warenhaus für Armee und Marine (Berlin)
The Warenhaus für Armee und Marine is a building in Neustädtische Kirchstraße 4-5 in Berlin-Mitte. Built 1886-1887 by architects von der Hude & Hennicke as a department store that exclusively served army and navy personnel, its owners changed several times between 1906 and 1977, when it became the seat of the U.S. Embassy in East Germany. After the reunification of Germany in 1990, the building was used as the Berlin outpost of the U.S. Embassy in Bonn and it became the official seat of the U.S. Embassy in Germany in 1999. In 2008, the U.S. Embassy moved to a new building at Pariser Platz near the Brandenburg Gate.
|This is the category of the Berliner Kulturdenkmal (cultural monument) with the ID 09020042|
Media in category "Warenhaus für Armee und Marine (Berlin)"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- US Berlin Mitte Chancery.jpg 190 KB