Washington Mews runs between University Place and Fifth Avenue, in the block between Washington Square North and East 8th Street in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. It is not an official NYC street, but a private way. which was once part of a Lenape trail that connected the Hudson and East Rivers. The north side consists of 19th-century stables which were constructed for the use of the residents of the area, and were converted for other uses in 1916 by Maynicke & Franke. The south side buildings, many of them stuccoed, were put up in 1939. Some of the buildings are used by NYU for their Irish, French and German houses as well as the Institute of French Studies. Washington Mews is located within the Grenwich Village Hitsoric District. (Sources: AIA Guide to NYC (4th ed.), NYU Campus map, Inside the Apple (2009))
Media in category "Washington Mews"
The following 14 files are in this category, out of 14 total.