Category:West Midlands Travel Ltd
English: West Midlands Travel Ltd is a major bus operator in the West Midlands region of England. It was created on 26 October 1986 as an arms length company to take over the bus operations of the West Midlands Passenger Transport Executive. It December 1991 it was privatised, being sold its management and employees. In April 1995, the company was purchased by the National Express Group. While the legal company name has remained West Midlands Travel Ltd, the company has so far operated under three distinct brands:
- West Midlands Travel:1986 to 1996 - see Category:West Midlands Travel (bus company)
- Travel West Midlands:1996 to 2008 - see Category:Travel West Midlands (bus company)
- This was eventually rolled out as a consistent Travel.... branding for the National Express Group's other UK bus aquisitions.
- National Express West Midlands: 2008 to present - see Category:National Express West Midlands (bus company)
- This coinciding with a group wide rebranding of the National Express Group's UK based operations (local bus, express coach and rail franchises) into a unified National Express identity