Category:William Reynolds Block
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Originally known as the William Reynolds Block, the building was occupied by a butcher shop, a variety store and a 52-room hotel when it first opened in 1888. The hotel expanded, and the whole building commonly became known as the Empress Hotel. In 1947, the hotel was renamed the Edison Hotel (although the ground floor restaurant was named the Empress Grill in a nod to the previous establishment). The hotel ceased to operate in 1973, and the building was subsequently occupied by a series of retail and restaurant uses. The north facade collapsed in 2010; while discussions were underway to salvage and restore the building, the rest of the building was destroyed by fire in 2011.
Media in category "William Reynolds Block"
The following 21 files are in this category, out of 21 total.
- Edison Hotel (4972060609).jpg 3.22 MB
- Edison Hotel (4972062379).jpg 2.49 MB
- Edison Hotel (4972675758).jpg 2.88 MB
- Empress Hotel (4986083281).jpg 3.21 MB
- Empress Hotel (4986685668).jpg 3.23 MB
- Falling apart Toronto 2010.jpg 2.71 MB
- Gutted - Toronto 2011.jpg 1.83 MB
- William Reynolds Block.jpg 528 KB
- Yonge & Gould (4291231451).jpg 1.77 MB
- Yonge & Gould (4291971292).jpg 1.55 MB
- Yonge & Gould (4549542676).jpg 1.61 MB