Category:William Tennant (Royal Navy officer)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Royal Navy admiral
|Date of birth||2 January 1890
Upton upon Severn
|Date of death||26 July 1963
|Country of citizenship|
English: Admiral Sir William George "Bill" Tennant KCB CBE MVO DL (2 January 1890 – 26 July 1963) was a British naval officer. He was lauded for overseeing the successful evacuation of Dunkirk in 1940. Tennant subsequently served as captain of the battlecruiser HMS Repulse, when it searched for German capital ships in the Atlantic.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "William Tennant (Royal Navy officer)"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Aboard HMS Mauritius, July 1942. A13453A.jpg 800 × 612; 52 KB
- King Farouk I on Board HMS Hunter January 1945.jpg 1,024 × 735; 119 KB
- Vice Admiral Tennant 1945 IWM A 29072.jpg 632 × 800; 46 KB
- The Royal Navy during the Second World War A10072.jpg 2,372 × 1,772; 931 KB
- The Royal Navy during the Second World War A26962.jpg 800 × 600; 40 KB
- The Royal Navy during the Second World War A28841.jpg 800 × 599; 75 KB