Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Williamina Paton Stevens Fleming (May 15, 1857 – May 21, 1911) was a Scottish astronomer active in the United States. During her career, she helped develop a common designation system for stars and cataloged thousands of stars and other astronomical phenomena. Among several career achievements that advanced astronomy, Fleming is noted for her discovery of the Horsehead Nebula in 1888.
Scottish astronomer (1857-1911)
|Date of birth||15 May 1857|
Williamina Paton Stevens
|Date of death||21 May 1911|
|Manner of death|
|Place of burial|
|Country of citizenship|
|Field of work|
Media in category "Williamina Fleming"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Astronomer Edward Charles Pickering's Harvard computers.jpg 1,920 × 1,502; 665 KB
- Signature of Williamina Paton Stevens Fleming (1857–1911).png 218 × 54; 12 KB
- The planetary nebula Fleming 1 seen with ESO’s Very Large Telescope.tiff 1,382 × 592; 1.75 MB
- Williamina Fleming - bizilabe.png 543 × 768; 471 KB
- Williamina Paton Stevens Fleming circa 1890s.jpg 1,463 × 1,894; 509 KB