From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Wimmera River is a river in Western Victoria, Australia. It begins in the Pyrenees, and flows northwards into Lake Hindmarsh and Lake Albacutya and, exceptionally, into a chain of ephemeral lakes further north in Wyperfeld National Park and the Big Desert Wilderness Park. In most years flows do not reach these terminal lakes and the river contracts to a series of pools. Its major tributaries include Mount William Creek and the MacKenzie River. The northernmost terminal section is known as Outlet Creek. The Wimmera River is one of a handful of northward flowing rivers and their associated distributaries in Victoria that do not join the Murray River. (→Wimmera River)
Français : La Wimmera River est une rivière endoréique de l'ouest du Victoria, en Australie. (→Wimmera River)
Media in category "Wimmera River"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- AntwerpWeir Jeparit.jpg 600 × 390; 28 KB
- Flooded Wimmera River at Horsham (1).jpg 3,110 × 4,529; 10.61 MB
- Flooded Wimmera River at Horsham (2).jpg 4,752 × 2,271; 8.01 MB
- Flooded Wimmera River at Horsham.jpg 4,257 × 2,265; 7.68 MB
- Western Highway crossing the Wimmera River at Horsham.png 800 × 600; 681 KB
- Wetland bird, Wimmera river, Little Desert National Park.JPG 1,010 × 671; 259 KB
- Wimmera River Jeparit.JPG 3,872 × 2,592; 2.41 MB
- Wimmera river, Little Desert National Park.JPG 1,010 × 758; 326 KB