From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Wingham is a civil parish and English Kent village situated along the ancient coastal road, now the A257, from Richborough to London and close to Canterbury. It has existed since the Stone Age but only became established as a village in Roman times. The Domesday book tells us that during Saxon times Wingham manor was in possession by the Archbishop of Canterbury. In 1286, Archbishop Peckham founded a college in Wingham; many other buildings in Wingham date back to this time, including the Red Lion Inn. St Mary the Virgin, the present church of Wingham, dates from the early 1200s with fabric dating from the Norman to Victorian eras.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Media in category "Wingham, Kent"
The following 64 files are in this category, out of 64 total.