- See also Wolseley-Siddeley vehicles images
Wolseley was founded by Herbert Austin (as an employee) to provide work for his employees during the seasonal slack periods of engineering company Wolseley. He built the car business to UK's largest motor manufacturer before leaving to start his own business, the Austin Motor Company.
Wolseley retained its UK sales lead until the early 1920s when it was overtaken by Morris. Over-expansion brought about the financial collapse of Wolseley. W R Morris bought Wolseley from the receivers in 1927 but it remained independent until W R Morris sold it into his car empire in mid 1935.
Then Wolseleys became badge-engineered Morris cars.
Currently images are held for only a small portion of Wolseley's pre-1948 catalogue. This list below is very much incomplete.
The subcategories below are grouped as follows:
- manufactured before 1920
- manufactured between 1920 and 1948
- manufactured after 1947 but
- excluding front wheel drive cars which are separately listed
This category has the following 49 subcategories, out of 49 total.
- ► Wolseley 32/80 (2 F)
- ► Wolseley hood ornaments (4 F)
- ► Wolseley police automobiles (9 F)
- ► Wolseley racing cars (5 F)
Media in category "Wolseley automobiles"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.
- 1957 Wolseley.jpg 700 KB