Category:Writers from Iceland
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Instance of||Wikimedia category|
English: Names of people from Iceland differ from most current Western family name systems by being patronymic (occasionally matronymic) in that they reflect the immediate father (or mother) of the child and not the historic family lineage. Icelanders have continued to use their traditional name system, which was formerly used in all of Scandinavia. Therefore, the Icelandic system does not use family names (while some people have family names and might use both systems). Name lists are sorted by first names.
Íslenska: Íslenskir rithöfundar
This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.
- ► Non-fiction writers from Iceland (2 C)
- ► Sigurbjörg Þrastardóttir (4 F)
Media in category "Writers from Iceland"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Gunnar Gunnarssons porträtt i Gunnarshus.JPG 395 × 640; 52 KB
- Kristin Helga Gunnarsdóttir.jpg 2,377 × 3,167; 2.23 MB
- Leidi elias mar.jpg 1,500 × 1,125; 932 KB
- Numa rimur extract.ogg 57 s; 669 KB
- Skriðuklaustur01.jpg 2,835 × 2,126; 1.51 MB
- Skriðukloster02.jpg 2,835 × 2,126; 1.52 MB
- Skriðukloster03.jpg 2,835 × 2,126; 1.55 MB