Category talk:2008-2009 Gaza War
- Note: This was copied from another category talk page.
- Admins removed them. They were copyrighted images. For several sources of free images of this topic please see my comment here:
- en:Talk:International reaction to the 2008-2009 Israel-Gaza conflict#Civilian Demonstrations and Protests to separate article. Thanks for caring. --Timeshifter (talk) 21:54, 4 January 2009 (UTC)
Move to new category name
The name on English Wikipedia is Gaza War. The Israeli name is Operation Cast Lead. From Gaza War: "The Gaza War, known as Operation Cast Lead (מבצע עופרת יצוקה) in Israel and as the Gaza Massacre (مجزرة غزة) in Gaza."
Note that clicking Operation Cast Lead redirects to Gaza War. The Commons uses the most common name. Se we should use "Gaza War." In any case "2008-2009 Israel-Gaza conflict" is not what most people will be looking for. --Timeshifter (talk) 18:29, 23 September 2011 (UTC)
Oppose to the 2 move reguests
- Gaza War is too general, could be a parent category of this one. It looks that this was not the last conflict besides the many other "incidents".
- Operation Cast Lead is an operation from IDF, this should be one of the many subcats in this category, certainly not the parent for the many subcats here.
2008-2009 Gaza War
There should not be a separate category called Operation Cast Lead. It redirects to Gaza War on English Wikipedia. We have to pick one name for the category. I suggest "2008-2009 Gaza War". Haaretz, the big English newspaper in Israel uses "Gaza War", first and second. See this Google search:
"We were determined to avoid an honest look at the first Gaza war. Now, in international waters and having opened fire on an international group of humanitarian aid workers and activists, we are fighting and losing the second. For Israel, in the end, this Second Gaza War could be far more costly and painful than the first."
- A Special Place in Hell / The Second Gaza War: Israel lost at sea. --Timeshifter (talk) 04:51, 5 October 2011 (UTC)
- Main topic is Gaza War. A subcat should get the dates at the end. --Foroa (talk) 12:52, 1 November 2011 (UTC)
Removed Category:Al-Aqsa Intifada
I removed Category:Al-Aqsa Intifada. The 2008-2009 Gaza War occurred after the Al-Aqsa Intifada. See the dates in the infobox at the top right of en:Second Intifada. The Second Intifada ended for the most part well before the 2008-2009 Gaza War. --Timeshifter (talk) 12:12, 18 November 2012 (UTC)