Category talk:Bar charts
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Tips for creating Bar charts
Tips for creating Bar charts bar charts:
- Don't normally make the chart 3D as this can be misleading. Keep it 2D.
- Shading is pretty, but is it affecting the visual perception of the size of bars?
- Consider leaving text labels off the image to increase its use in multiple wikis (for example, put sections in different colours, and then in a caption/on the image description page, state what the colours stand for). Numbers are fairly neutral. See Template:Legend
- Use scales, and state what they are as well as provide numbers. If you're not going to start your scale from 0, you'd better have a damn good excuse!
- Graphs are best as SVGs, which can be easily edited by other users. PNG and GIFs are also OK but not as flexible. They should never be JPGs.}}
- See also
- Can your chart be made using m:EasyTimeline? This can be used to adapt an existing graph. This creates graphs that (once created) are extremely easy to edit... which is much more 'wiki' than using an image!