Category talk:Displays in public transport
Rename request (Displays in public transport → Information signage in public transport)
- Oppose Signage is a very strange word. If you want to change, "Information display (systems) in public transport" sounds better, but you better remain consistent with Category:Information boards at public transport vehicles. --Foroa (talk) 10:40, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose It can be suitable to sort the content into suitable subcategories (by technical type and by place of usage) or to create any new upon-category (if the current upon-category Public transport informations were insufficient). But it should remain in exist the category intended specially for electronic and similar displays in public transport, and such category should be included in the category Displays. --ŠJů (talk) 16:09, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
There are in principle two possible subcategories by place of usage: 1) boards at stations (terminals, stops, vestibules) and 2) boards at vehicles (inside, outside).
Next criterion can be a content: an arrival or departure overview, a number of line and point of destination, other informations.
We can try to sketch out a possible distribution by technical type:
- electronically controlled boards
- screens, LEDs etc. (only this type should pertain to Displays)
- electromechanical boards (dot-changeable, field-changeable)
- static or manual changeable boards
- exchangeable boards (tables, panels, papers, cards...)
- boards with exchangeable segments (letters, digits, single fields)