Category talk:Funeral vehicles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This discussion of one or several categories is now closed. Please do not make any edits to this archive.
- A funeral carriage could be drawn by oxen -> File:Bodleian Ms. Burm. a. 5 fol075-3.jpg. How about making Category:Horse-drawn hearses a subcategory of Category:Funeral carriages. And Category:Funeral carriages can be placed directly into Category:Hearses instead of the parent category Category:Funeral vehicles. - Takeaway (talk) 10:37, 19 April 2016 (UTC)
- On second thought, Category:Funeral carriages should be changed into a redirect to Category:Hearses. - Takeaway (talk) 10:42, 19 April 2016 (UTC)
- Category:Funeral vehicles
- Category:Hearses (automobiles) (in Category:Automobiles by function
- Category:Horse-drawn hearses
- Category:Rail funeral vehicles (in category:Rail vehicles)
- Comment Looks really good Themightyquill. Please do! (PS I'm sure that there are also a few "funeral ships" in Category:Ship burials.) - Takeaway (talk) 19:16, 9 April 2017 (UTC)
- For some reason, Category:Hearses wasn't tagged for this discussion. To be clear, I'm suggesting redirecting Category:Hearses to Category:Funeral vehicles. - Themightyquill (talk) 20:17, 26 September 2018 (UTC)
- Okay, no opposition in a year. I'm closing. @Ruthven: Could you please help move Category:Hearses by decade (and its subcategories) to Category:Funeral vehicles by decade, Category:Hearses by color to Category:Funeral vehicles by color, and the sub-categories of Category:Funeral vehicles by country from "Hearses in X" to "Funeral vehicles in X".
- Please note: There's no need to change all categories including the word "hearses" - Category:Motorcycle hearses, Category:Hearses (automobiles), Category:Horse-drawn hearses and their subcategories are fine. Thanks! I can check the categorization and templates when they're all moved. Thanks! - Themightyquill (talk) 09:06, 5 September 2019 (UTC)
- No, that category is fine the way it is. "Hearse" can mean many types of funeral vehicles, so it's not wrong in any of these cases, just ambiguous. Thanks! - Themightyquill (talk) 09:14, 5 September 2019 (UTC)