Geography was both child and grand7child to Category:Topics
- the hierarchy of categories is "common" Topics » objects to the topic / science of the topic » objects of the science (thus, an object ist child to a science and a topic, all other shemes will make mess)
- the topic on geography (and all other sciences) is Category:Academia and Category:Knowledge
- related caterories belonging to different topics should be connected by "see also"
- thus: a topic: Category:Places / the science: Category:Geography » the objects: countries, cities and so on
- all the specific places should (besides Category:Places) be sorted as an object to one of the geographic disciplines, thus rivers to Hydrogeography, mountains to Geomorphology, countries to Political G., ..
- in fact Category:Geography by place is a useless stopgap-hermaphrodite..
I fixed that - please see Dapetes Catgraph for the wellformed tree: Geography, Places, example: Countries (If you do not believe me, revert, and look at the trees.. please read Commons:Categories#Category_structure first) - greetings --W!B: 08:09, 12 May 2007 (UTC)
well, I sorted by now:
- all academic aspects of geography sorted by !
- all disciplenes by *
so one can see the different quality of these terms. be also could manage that by
or something like that --W!B: 13:01, 12 May 2007 (UTC)