Category talk:Icons for railway descriptions/legende
Although their heading says they are for use in Legends, they can be used in regular track BS templates e.g,BS8||BHF legende|..... Why do that? You might fancy a visible big blob on a Turm or some other trick.--SilasW (talk) 18:07, 27 November 2008 (UTC)
- I guess the origianl creator of Legende icons would not know they are also useful in superimposition to compose new icons. But what do you intend to change, the icon names or their categorization? -- Sameboat - 同舟 (talk) 13:01, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
- It was just a comment about an occasionally useful "feature". The original creator of BS-ery seemed to have thought of just a single strip with DE abbreviations (BHF Bahnhof, ABZ Abzwieg (+/-)) and started the left/right chaos. It maybe too late but the whole system could do with a complete revamp.--SilasW (talk) 18:58, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
- Useddenim, please can we move that to Category_talk:Icons_for_railway_descriptions/legende? --Tuvalkin (talk) 05:14, 9 June 2011 (UTC)
- I still prefer lowercase letter for retaining the rule that suffix should always be lowercase. Sadly "legend/legende" are originated from Latin "legend", again begins with letter L. So I boldly suggest letter s for "superimposition" (Überlagerung in German, jfyi). -- Sameboat - 同舟 (talk) 06:41, 9 June 2011 (UTC)
- We all want to get rid of the "_legende" suffix.
- Since all letters conc. type or face of an icon are lowercase prefix we should go for another lowercase prefix.
- "o" for "overlay" and "s" for "superimposition" describe the purpose of what this icon is meant for, that's different from all other prefixes! Usually the prefix describes the type (heavy, light or mixed), the condition (in/off use), the construction (surface track, tunnel track, elevated track) or the size (normal, double, compact, small, parallel). IMHO "legende" fits best in the "construction" set, i.e. kind of "no track".
- There is no "1" prefix to mistake. And all file names are case sensitive, so noone will expect that "l" and "L" does the same.
- I agree with this analysis, Axpde —
_legendeis a kind of construction type of (no)track. But the letter chosen for it is irrelevant, just pick a suitable letter already and find out a meaning for it later. If we can have "q" rationalized as *"aqross", anything goes. --Tuvalkin (talk) 20:15, 10 June 2011 (UTC)
- s is still unused but we already have o for "over" (contrast to u for "under") and l for left. -- Sameboat - 同舟 (talk) 04:58, 11 June 2011 (UTC)
- Been a month, people. How’s it gonna be? ;-) --Tuvalkin (talk) 20:18, 17 July 2011 (UTC)
- Must be someone who speaks German, of course. Not me, then. As for :w:en:, I guess that there will be no complaints, provided that the new name is not entirely stupid (which is not, quite the opposite), that there’s no bots running wild (as for CONTl/r), and that there will be no overrides of new names on old ones (also not happening this time). --Tuvalkin (talk) 01:14, 19 July 2011 (UTC)