REALLY big photo
Why is here this REALLY big photo ?? --Nummer9 12:18, 12 June 2007 (UTC)
- That was the work of vandal 220.127.116.11 AKA Jose Villalobos. Sorry for the inconvenience. — Jeff G. 23:45, 12 June 2007 (UTC)
This is probably the worst name for a category. Rocket000 13:32, 18 October 2007 (UTC)
- Well, it does contain all images on commons. --rimshottalk 13:42, 18 October 2007 (UTC)
- @Vitor silveira fake: , did you have a question? --Donald Trung 『徵國單』 (No Fake News 💬) (WikiProject Numismatics 💴) (Articles 📚) 18:34, 12 September 2021 (UTC)
maps --> information graphics --> graphics --> images. this category is not a great place to start your navigation, as its so abstract. and i have no idea if its monitored.Mercurywoodrose (talk) 07:35, 13 September 2013 (UTC)
- I guess no-one who speaks Hebrew came by here in the last few months. If you need help, the Help Desk has a lot more traffic. --rimshottalk 19:12, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
nupest from Portugal
User Nupest!Nupest 3:06, 15 January 2014 (UTC) / 10:06, 15 January 2014 (Bangkok/Phnom Penh/Ho Chi Minh time)
- I'm honestly surprised that 4 forms of German, at least (Boarisch, Standard German, German Sie-Form and Alemanisch), 2 forms of Portuguese as well (Brazilian and Iberian), 2 forms of French as well (Occitan and French), and 3 forms of Chinese, as well as Asturian (who almost noone speaks), and no Swahili, no Khmer, no Maratha, no Gujarati, no Urdu, no Punjabi, no Telugu, no Burmese, no Armenian, no Azeri, no Kazakh, no Uzbek, no Bulgarian, no Amharic, no Serbian????
Quite surprised indeed!
- Actually, the description of this category is only available in German and English as far as I can tell. Feel free to post a translation to a new language here. The other two boxes are widely-used templates, that's why they have so many translations. If a translation doesn't exist, no-one was ready, willing and able to do it. If you feel up to provide a translation in your favourite language, follow the respective instructions at Template:Categorise and Template:CatCat. --rimshottalk 19:08, 1 April 2014 (UTC)
Category for discussion: Graphics
How many images does Wikimedia Commons have? All media here: images + sound + video = 33,016,128 (currently). An other quantitatively large image database I know of is "The Big ImageBoard (TBIB)": https://tbib.org (currently 5,301,244 images). —User000name 06:04, 28 August 2016 (UTC)
Image Selector disrupted
- @Bert Niehaus: I'm not sure what you are referring to, do you have a screenshot? The Help Desk has a lot more traffic, you may post a new section on the bottom of that page. — Jeff G. ツ 05:09, 15 November 2017 (UTC)
Como transformo uma imagem em jpg e a transporto para Wikipédia?
- @Hghsjsjxhndjh: pt:Ajuda:Guia de edição/Como usar imagens. — Jeff G. ツ please ping or talk to me 23:16, 15 May 2019 (UTC)
- @ثعلب شبه الجزيره: your most recent upload was on November 2013 (see ), so deleting is not possible, unless there are copyright problems--Estopedist1 (talk) 05:39, 4 June 2020 (UTC)
I've found disturbing content, what should i do
I think this image is deliberetly and probably maliciously disturbing, https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Tweet_tweet.jpg. What do i do with this image and other content like it? Ryukenden873 (talk) 11:44, 27 August 2020 (UTC)
- It looks like that one has been dealt with, but for anyone with this question for other works, there are a few steps.
- Review Commons:Project scope and determine if the file is within the acceptable guidelines for inclusion.
- If not in scope, nominate the file for deletion at COM:DR, preferably explaining why it is not in scope.
- If in scope, remember that many files may be disturbing for some users, but still serve a valid educational purpose here. For some types of files, specific categorization can help avoid 'surprise' exposure where not expected, while making the file still available for its educational purpose.
- Even in scope, if a file is truly problematic, raise the question on DR or elsewhere and see if others agree that the file should be deleted, or have specific suggestions on how that particular file should be handled.
- Josh (talk) 01:57, 28 September 2023 (UTC)
Image addition and usage policy wrt caste/community pages of India
Dear Senior Editors I want to bring to your notice there is lots of recent attempts by some editors ( who may have their biases) to add unverified image saying it belongs to a particular community. I hope you know in India one community dislike the other, and there is high chances this fighting comes to wiki as well and that some vested editors will try to exploit grey zones wrt image usage policy ( as some part of it is not clear) on Wikipedia to score points over rival community which they may not like. There is question of WP:DGF on the behalf of editor, WP:REL on page in such cases. I would humbly request that as senior editor and Admin if you people can decide a more stringent policy wrt image usage. Lots of unverified images are being used ( cannot verify them in any journal, old book etc) and they are being shown as community picture. In many case it doesn't satisfies the WP:REL. Thanks and Best RS6784 (talk) 07:18, 21 April 2022 (UTC)
- @Christmas videos: You've hopefully found your answer by now, but the short version is that whoever created a work owns the copyright - the photographer for the photograph, the painter for the painting, etc. If the work is based on another work - a photograph of a sculpture, music used in a video, the sculptor and the musician still own part of the copyright, and the derived work cannot be licensed without their consent. The long answer can be found on our license page. --rimshottalk 06:26, 27 October 2022 (UTC)
- Pictures of the day are chosen from our features pictures. --rimshottalk 06:33, 27 October 2022 (UTC)
Preamble of the Indian constitution
https://fa.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D9%BE%D8%B1%D9%88%D9%86%D8%AF%D9%87:Rohi_keras.jpg Delete image Rkeras (talk) 14:12, 6 December 2023 (UTC)