Category talk:Pictures showing a librsvg bug
How to fix?
So, how do we fix these images? I bet the more advanced svg-people know but they won't share it. There should be some help-page in Commons to tell the easiest ways to circumvent the librsvg bugs. Like, I've encountered the problem demonstrated by this image twice already. The first time someone fixed it, but I still cannot do that myself. Is there something in Inkscape or Dia that breaks SVG-images? What programs should I use instead? This is rather frustrating. ZeroOne 14:32, 26 November 2007 (UTC)
- I started a page, Librsvg bugs, for direct comparison of the librsvg rendering with how an image should look like. I started with text problems, but right now my main problem is with librsvg's handling of filters. Where can one find info? It seems that librsvg has severe problems with the correct handling of inheritance. /Pieter Kuiper (talk) 09:24, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
- http://www.linuxrising.org/svg_test/test.html gives an overview of how different features are being rendered by different programs. /Pieter Kuiper (talk) 11:33, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
Development has stopped?
- But something has changed recently: transparency in nested <svg> tags was not supported until 20 October 2008, but it is now. - Erik Baas (talk) 10:22, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
Possible way to circumvent bugs
Couldn't this be fixed simply by not using librsvg in the first place? What's wrong with using the original raw svg image directly on the page without a thumbnail? After all, that's the point of svg, so you shouldn't need bitmaps!
This category need a Template
Because many images missing a bug description so its very confused. We also don't know if the image is fixed or not. So I prefer to insert this category only by a template with an (short) bug description. --Perhelion (talk) 20:01, 22 October 2010 (UTC)
- That is a great idea.--Svgalbertian (talk) 23:16, 24 October 2010 (UTC)
All pictures should have a SVG-Workaround except: (they have a png-replacement)
- 14 Pics in Category:Pictures_showing_a_librsvg_bug_(unsolved)
- Following files I would say there is no mayor problem, but they might look slightly different: (Maybe also add unsolved to some of them?)
- File:Mahuri.svg, File:Eyes_of_Mahuri_showing_RSVG-GaussianBlur-Bug.svg
- File:Oxygen480-status-weather-clear-night.svg, File:Oxygen480-status-weather-clear-night_Workaround.svg
- File:Question_Mark_Icon_-_Blue_Box.svg, File:Question_Mark_Icon_-_Blue_Box_withoutQuestionmarkBlur.svg
- File:Standard_time_zones_of_the_world_(3).svg, File:Standard_time_zones_of_the_world_(3)_Workaround.svg
- (Workaround not usefull/constructive)
I am not shure but is File:MH370_SIO_search-en.svg a workaround for File:MH370_SIO_search_through_Nov_2014.svg. I didn't found the difference. — Johannes Kalliauer - Talk | Contributions 15:47, 20 January 2018 (UTC)
- Hey JoKalliauer, you removed the bug!? No, the bug description need updated. The bug is present in both. But there are some detail differences, File:MH370_SIO_search-en.svg has fixed space on the baseline-shifted numbers (km2). @Goran tek-en: I would overwrite!? -- User: Perhelion 17:25, 20 January 2018 (UTC)
- Sorry I was confused, I thought the patterns does work in @Goran tek-en: version, but also in @Goran tek-en: version the pattern (rsvgbug) does not show up correctly https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fe/MH370_SIO_search-en.svg/512px-MH370_SIO_search-en.svg.png .
- So both versions does show a librsvg-Bug on small scales, therefore my question is resolved.
- — Johannes Kalliauer - Talk | Contributions 00:56, 21 January 2018 (UTC)
- @JoKalliauer: I'm changing the pattern to lines and removing info about (rsvgbug). --Goran tek-en (talk) 11:00, 21 January 2018 (UTC)