Category talk:Telephone exchanges

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

renaming category[edit]

According to en:Telephone_exchange: "In the field of telecommunications, a telephone exchange or telephone switch is a system of electronic components that connects telephone calls. A central office is the physical building used to house inside plant equipment including telephone switches, which make telephone calls "work" in the sense of making connections and relaying the speech information." Thus I propose renaming this category to "Central offices (telephony)". adamantios (talk) 14:02, 25 October 2008 (UTC)

That's as may be but most people (in the UK at any rate) call them Telephone exchanges. My vote would be to keep the name as it is. -Arb. (talk) 16:42, 25 October 2008 (UTC)