Category talk:Wind wheels

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search

Wind wheels?[edit]

Is wind wheel really the most common name for these types of windmill? The (draft) TIMS Dictionary of Molinology calls them wind engines (which is close to the Dutch and German windmotor). They are often called windpump after their most common use though I find that confusing as any windmill used for pumping water could be called windpump, and wind wheels were also used for other purposes. I'm trying to get the names consistent and may change the windmill and windpump accordingly. Reboelje (talk) 19:35, 18 May 2012 (UTC)