- Support = 12; Oppose = 0; Neutral = 0 - 100% EugeneZelenko 15:26, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
Links for Avraham: Avraham (talk · contributions · deleted user contributions · recent activity · logs · block log · global contribs · SULinfo)
I am approaching the community, once again, with a request for sysop status. The primary impetus for my request is my work as an m:OTRS volunteer. Often, there are times when an image is deleted, and that proves to be the catalyst for permission to be sent to the OTRS system. The ability to undelete the image and then tag it would be helpful, both for myself, and more importantly for the commons community. Conversely, there are a number of occasions where images require outright deletion due to valid claims of copyright infringement that come through the system. Other times, images are improperly uploaded or tagged, and once a proper version is loaded, the redundant/mistaken image needs to be removed.
Should I be accepted by the community as an administrator, I will also contribute with non-OTRS vandalism reversion/removal and blocking if necessary. I believe my experience as an admin on en:Wikipedia with over 19,000 edits would prove helpful in this regard. While my primary activity occurs on wikipedia as en:User:Avraham , I am (semi)-active in a number of projects. A list of my accounts may be found at m:User:Avraham.
As for my other commons-specific activities, some of my commons work includes obtaining free-use images such as Image:Saharon Shelah.jpg, transfer of free-use images from Wikipedia such as Image:Camelsdjibouti.jpg, adding my own works such as the all current entries in Category:Honor societies, categorizing images, and, as mentioned updating/restoring photos with permissions through the m:OTRS system such as Image:Holland's Yogi.jpg and Image:Signatur Eiriksson.JPG.
This is a second request, as I withdrew after receiving constructive criticism about my lack of commons edits at the time.
Thank you for your consideration. -- Avi 06:41, 25 December 2007 (UTC)
- Support Little contribution, but OTRS is a good reason for me. Sp5uhe 21:28, 25 December 2007 (UTC)
- Support ^ --Szczepan talk 05:49, 27 December 2007 (UTC)
- Support seems good. --- Anonymous DissidentTalk 09:37, 28 December 2007 (UTC)
- Support RedCoat 12:55, 29 December 2007 (UTC)
- Support — OTRS work seems like a good reason to be an admin to me. --Boricuæddie 15:31, 29 December 2007 (UTC)
- Support I'm sure Avi will do well... Cary Bass demandez 16:59, 29 December 2007 (UTC)
- Support One of the good guys. ~ Riana ⁂ 19:47, 29 December 2007 (UTC)
- Support Actively working OTRS image permissions as noted per contributions. Will be more able to help in this area with admin tools. FloNight♥♥♥ 17:21, 31 December 2007 (UTC)
- Support Why not?! Marcus Cyron 12:09, 1 January 2008 (UTC)
- Support --Herby talk thyme 10:24, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
- Support per riana. __ ABF __ ϑ 11:52, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
- Support having seen first hand AVI understanding of OTRS and permissions, the combination can only be of benefit to Commons. Gnangarra 13:38, 2 January 2008 (UTC)