'ello all. I'm an administrator on en and would like to start helping out here in an administrative position as well.
On Commons, I have spent my time cleaning up images (example), creating articles/pages for similar items (such as iPhone), categorizing images , and maintaining interwiki links , and have contributed some of my own photography (everything on Cowboy Mouth).
Other wiki experience: I've got 19,700+ edits on the English wikipedia (where I've been an administrator for almost 9 months), and I've got active accounts on 42 other editions of Wikipedia (some of those edits are adding Commons images ).
Admittedly, I've just broken the 200 edit minimum threshold to apply for adminship here (not including my uploads), but I still think I'd make a fine addition to the administrative team here, and would be active enough that I won't get demoted in six months. ;) EVula // talk // 04:44, 30 July 2007 (UTC)
- Neutral. EVula, you're an outstanding administrator on en.wiki and I hold you in high regard. But you don't seem to have done much that relates to the day-to-day activity of admins on Commons: you've only participated in 4 deletion discussions and your deleted edits show that you haven't done much as far as tagging for speedy deletion is concerned either. Do you have much experience of dealing with image copyright issues on en.wiki? Trust is definitely not a problem here :-) but I need a bit of convincing about relevant experience. WjBscribe 07:06, 30 July 2007 (UTC)
- No need to apologize; you've got perfectly valid concerns. :)
I do have more experience with copyvios with en.wiki, though I consider myself more of a general workhorse than a copyvio-specific administrator (ie: clearing out CSD backlogs, removing Fair Use imagery from non-articles, etc). Ideally, I'd like to be an admin-gnome (much like I am on en.wiki; for example, I'd spend some time on CSD clearing), but if I need to step up to do more admin-like edits here before I can get a Commons mop, then that's just what I'll have to do. No worries. :) EVula // talk // 18:07, 30 July 2007 (UTC)
- Support Immensely trustworthy user on en, no reason to suspect he'd go on a rampage here, although more activity would of course be nice :) ~ Riana ⁂ 04:10, 31 July 2007 (UTC)
- Neutral I find myself echoing WJBscribe to some degree. I know of you on en wp and fully accept that trust is not an issue. In practice I do not see licensing as a real issues - some of us here are not experts but we still manage to find things to do! My edit count may not have been a lot higher than yours but I did have around 500 deleted edits to my "credit". I just think it seems a little early - if by any chance this does fail I'd hope you would stick around and get to know us better (& give us non en wp folk a chance to get to know you) and then go for it again. All the best --Herby talk thyme 07:14, 31 July 2007 (UTC)
- Heh, don't worry, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon... I've started upping my Commons activity, primarily in adding categories to images and interwiki links to pages. A lot of my editing still takes me off-Commons, though (for example, a new image of Harrison Ford was just uploaded, and I'll be replacing the old, blurry image). EVula // talk // 16:01, 31 July 2007 (UTC)
- Comment I wonder if our standards are creeping upwards here? When I stood (see Commons:Administrators/Requests_and_votes/Lar) I did not have a lot over 200 edits and I think I had proportionally even less adminish type edits than you do. Regardless, if this fails to achieve consensus I'd encourage you to try again later. ++Lar: t/c 19:34, 3 August 2007 (UTC)
- Support So sue me, I commented and then supported. :) ++Lar: t/c 19:34, 3 August 2007 (UTC)
- Support Kameraad Pjotr 15:10, 5 August 2007 (UTC)
- Support We all have to start out somewhere and she's trustworthy, that's the key.Rlevse 23:14, 5 August 2007 (UTC)
- Trustworthy and a he. ;) EVula // talk // 03:14, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
- Support As if there's a lack of work on here? ~Kylu (u|t) 05:35, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
- To be fair to the initial comments, I did have a mini-explosion of work on my part upon getting the feedback that I was potentially too inactive. I've tried to step up since then (successfully, in my estimation). EVula // talk // 05:40, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
- I actually more meant "lack of work to do on commons" but okay. ~Kylu (u|t) 07:12, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
- Support - why not. Marcus Cyron 10:01, 6 August 2007 (UTC)
Done Although some concerns were raised in the neutrals, I adjudge that EVula will take them into account, and with no opposes and 6 supports, there is no reason not to promote. Therefore EVula has been promoted to sysop. ++Lar: t/c 11:18, 6 August 2007 (UTC)