GLAM collaboration with Bulgarian Archives State Agency
In March 2012, the first GLAM collaboration in Bulgaria started between the Bulgarian Archives State Agency (BASA) and volunteers from Bulgarian Wikipedia.
BASA is a state agency with the Bulgarian government responsible for the conservation and documentation of government and historical records that form the National Archive of Bulgaria, and allowing public access to them as well. The initial idea for the present collaboration came from BASA in November 2011 and after negotiations at the end turned into a six-month official agreement signed by both sides - the National Archive and several members of the Bulgarian Wikipedian community. This agreement grants them free access to the documents from the Archive for the selection of appropriate illustrative content that is in the public domain, the digitizing and uploading of the digitized copies to Commons and their use in Wikipedia.
BASA's Director Assoc. Prof. Martin Ivanov with volunteers from BG Wikipedia. March 2012
BASA's Director Assoc. Prof. Mihail Gruev with volunteers from BG Wikipedia. April 2015
For the purpose of smoother organization, the volunteers registered new special accounts that will be used for uploading materials from BASA:
- BASA Spiritia (contributions, talk page)
- BASA GProdanov (contributions, talk page)
- BASA Iliev (contributions, talk page)
- BASA Подпоручикъ (contributions, talk page)
- BASA ISla (contributions, talk page)
- BASA Алиса Селезньова (contributions, talk page)
- BASA Спасимир (contributions, talk page)
- BASA Ilikeliljon (contributions, talk page)
- BASA VladislavNedelev (contributions, talk page)
- BASA ShockD (contributions, talk page)
- File upload: The basic upload form shall be used.
- Template:BASA-image - a special template for precise description of the digitized archive documents from BASA,
- Template:PD-old-70 - the common template for licensing as public domain of works, which copyright has expired. This applies to Australia, the European Union and those countries with a copyright term of life of the author plus 70 years.
- Template:Anonymous-EU - the common template for licensing as public domain of works, which copyright has expired and their author is anonymous. This applies to the European Union and those countries with a copyright term of 70 years after the work was made available to the public and the author never disclosed their identity.
- Category: All uploads shall be categorized in appropriate content categories, as well as in Category:Images from the Bulgarian Archives State Agency
- Usage: As much as possible of the digitized and uploaded files shall be used to illustrate encyclopedic articles in one or more languages. Upload and usage shall be recorded in the progress report page. When using a file to illustrate an article, in the caption text the source shall be attributed: Source: Bulgarian Archives State Agency.