Commons:Bangla Wikipedia Photography Contest 2014/Rules and FAQ
|Bangla Wikipedia Photography |
Contest 2014 links:
There are just a few simple rules to participate in the contest:
Questions about the rules of the contest
What are the basic rules?
- All photos participating in the competition must be self-taken and self-uploaded; To be valid, each entry must be a still photograph and they should represent Bangladesh. Such entries that constitute copyright infringement and fraud will be disqualified.
- You must upload your entry to Wikimedia Commons during the month of September 2014 and December 2014. It doesn’t matter when you took the photo, only that you upload it after 00:00 BST on 1st Sept and before the final deadline of 24:00 BST on 31st Dec.
- The images can be edited or processed by using any software. However images with watermarks are not permissible.
- The default licence is Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 4.0 (CC-BY-SA 4.0);
- You can upload as many photographs as you can
- Please add a sort description for your image; describing what is the photo about, where and when it was taken (a description box will pumping up when you upload your photo(s)).
- Personal photos; such as group photographs, modeling photographs and selfie.
- Videos and other types of moving image
- Non-photographic works such as drawings or entirely computer-generated works
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I enter even if I am not based in the Bangladesh?
- Yes, of course! Please feel free to submit any photos you may have taken in the past, for example during a previous holiday in the Bangladesh.
Am I still the copyright-holder of my images if I participate?
- Yes, It's important to note that you still own the copyright to everything you contribute to Bangla Wikipedia Photography Contest.
What should be the size of photos?
- The highest resolution available for images is more than welcome. You don't have to worry about server disk space and the loadtime of the Wikipedia pages that refer to them, since the software automatically generates and caches smaller (as specified in the articles) versions.
- Yes, of course but in that case you have to change your license from 'al right reserved' to 'creative commons share-alike' in where the photo was organically published.
The jury will decide on awards in the following categories:
- Best image (1st prize)
- Best image (2nd prize)
- Best image (3rd prize)
- 7 other Highly Commended images
A separate prize will be awarded to the persons uploading photos of the most objects.
- 1st prize: 20,000 BDT + Crest
- 2nd Prize: 15,000 BDT + Crest
- 3rd prize: 10,000 BDT + Crest
To be discussed
The jury will judge individual entries based on the following criteria (in no particular order):
- Technical quality
- Originality and creativity
- Potential usefulness and overall value of the image (including its licensing) to the Wikimedia projects
The small print
This contest is largely organized by volunteers, and the organizers reserve the right to modify these rules or to cancel the contest at their sole discretion, even after it has started. The organizers accept no responsibility for the provision by the sponsors of any prizes, nor of any liability whatsoever in respect of this contest. Neither the rules nor anything on these pages amount to an offer to create legally binding relations with any of the organizers. Members of the jury and trustees/staff of Wikimedia Bangladesh are not eligible to receive any award (although they are otherwise welcome to contribute images).