Commons:Batch uploading/Chris's Acorns
Jump to navigation Jump to search
I accept that this is a premature request, so please accept my apologies if that's undesirable.
- Chris's Acorns contains a number of images suitable for RISC OS hardware and subcategories of Computer motherboards by manufacturer. A batch upload has been suggested, with a subsequent positive licensing response from the owner, Chris Whytehead.
- The licensing amendment is still to be finalised and currently states I have taken all the photographs on this site (with a few exceptions, such as Acorn publicity pictures of Phoebe) and they remain my copyright.
- I will have the opportunity to talk to Chris in person on Sat 29 Oct 2011. It would be helpful if he could be advised what actions will be necessary in order for the batch upload to proceed.
- Some points (and I'm sure that experienced people here will have others) for consideration are:
- All the (approx. 3000) photos arguably have educational value, so should that be the target? If not, under what criteria should decisions be made?
- Some pages (e.g. Acorn Phoebe 2100) contain non-free publicity photographs. How are such photos best tagged for omission?
- In order to collate them as a collection, would it be appropriate for them to be put in Photographs by Chris Whytehead (within Photographs by author)? Or should they go elsewhere, as he's apparently a registered Wikipedian?
- What are the options for proceeding with the upload and what will be required of Chris?
|Assigned to||Progress||Bot name||Category|
|Smallman12q||Bot Request Filed||Smallbot (talk · contribs)|