Commons:Bots/Requests/Forestwander Nature Photography upload bot
Bot's tasks for which permission is being sought: Uploading free photos (7 GB) from http://www.forestwander.com/
Automatic or manually assisted: Automatic
Edit type (e.g. Continuous, daily, one time run): one time run (this will consume a few days)
Maximum edit rate (eg edits per minute): not so fast (max.5/min, dependent on file-size, expected 1/2min) since uploading is slow
Bot flag requested: (Y/N):
Y (not cluttering the new files list)N (as per Eugene)
Programming language(s): C++/VB6/COM
- This batch-upload is made upon request at Commons:Batch uploading/ForestWander
- The user name was chosen upon request by ForestWander.
- The bot will do it's best to guess categories but this is not always possible or will cause strange results.
- Personally I am not happy with the leak of description and the leak of details. I hope Troy will add more to his photos in his spare time or one of our plant experts identifying some of the flowers. Thank you. -- Rillke(q?) 08:45, 28 August 2012 (UTC)
- I think will be good idea to improve file name: for example, include location to File:Sunset4 ForestWander.JPG. Categorization is also very minimal. Why sunset presents in file name but not in categories list? Anyway? I think will be good idea to upload files without bot status, so there will be more chances for them to be categorized/described better. --EugeneZelenko (talk) 14:49, 28 August 2012 (UTC)
- Accepted and attempted to improve by removing numbers from the description before trying to guess categories. -- Rillke(q?) 17:34, 28 August 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, do we need to upload all photos? I don't want to judge artistic qualities, but there too much photos of unidentified species on Commons. Same with unidentified locations. --EugeneZelenko (talk) 14:50, 29 August 2012 (UTC)
- Indeed. I just don't know how to filter. I will also e-Mail Troy and ask him whether he can remember a few locations. As stated at #1, I am ‘just’ fulfilling a request. It's a pity that none of the ones who commented at Commons:Batch uploading/ForestWander, found the way here, yet. I will notify them. -- Rillke(q?) 18:02, 29 August 2012 (UTC)