Bot's tasks for which permission is being sought: I would like to be allowed to run maintenance scripts of Pywikipedia. First of all is commons_category_redirect.py, but I would also like to use redirect.py for exemple
Automatic or manually assisted:Automatic
Edit type (e.g. Continuous, daily, one time run): few times a months I think
Maximum edit rate (eg edits per minute):
Bot flag requested: (Y/N): yes
Programming language(s): Python (I use non modified Pywikipedia)
- I dont like the only cosmetic edits like . Rest looks fine. Could you do a bit bigger testrun 50 pages or so? --Schlurcher (talk) 17:24, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
- I have tried to activate global cosmetic changes, I will restore last parametrage (no cosmetic except on french wikipedia) --Hercule (talk) 17:57, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
- While I think it's a good thing to have more bot operators at Commons, I'm not too sure if commons_category_redirect is an ideal script to start with. Currently, User:RussBot processes all redirects that completed a waiting period every day. In the past we had problems when these were done indiscriminately without the waiting period. You might want to look into some of the categorization scripts instead. -- User:Docu at 17:28, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
- If a bot is already managing these categories with a better script I'll let it do the job :p
- I'm already a global bot, so I know some scripts of Pywikipedia. Do you know one that could be fine to start here ? --Hercule (talk) 17:57, 13 January 2010 (UTC)
- You could try Commons_talk:Categories#Self-categorized_categories (last section). Part of the list might already have been done manually, but I'm sure an updated list would still find some.
- Sometimes there are requests at Commons:Bots/Work requests.
- Creator templates were used to categorize images (Commons_talk:Bots#Removing_autocategorization_from_Creator_pages). I'm not sure what the status on this is, but maybe Jarekt would like some help with it. -- User:Docu at 05:02, 14 January 2010 (UTC)
Where does this one stand, I can't quite tell. My read is that the original task doesn't need doing by this bot. Were there other specific tasks that approval is sought for? This may have went stale. ++Lar: t/c 17:12, 27 March 2010 (UTC)
- Since there has been no feedback in three months, I'm closing this as stale. –Juliancolton | Talk 17:17, 13 April 2010 (UTC)