Bot's tasks for which permission is being sought: Upload files from the Tropenmuseum
Automatic or manually assisted: Automatic
Edit type (e.g. Continuous, daily, one time run): In batches. Already did two, i'll receive another batch of about 30.000 images.
Maximum edit rate (eg edits per minute): 15 image/minute? Not sure, uploading from home and my upstream is not that fast
Bot flag requested: (Y/N): Yes
- I think will be good idea to use this bot without flag with lower rate. Images may be noticed in recent changes for post-processing by humans.
- Is it possible to use English categories only?
- EugeneZelenko (talk) 15:52, 4 December 2009 (UTC)
- Post-processing is easiest when the upload of done because than you can see which categories you can move. So slowing the upload down will only result in more waiting for the people working on the categorization process. You can't keep up with the bot anyway or the upload would have to take weeks.
- It's not possible to only use English categories as the source database is entirely in dutch (except for some image descriptions). Multichill (talk) 15:59, 4 December 2009 (UTC)