Bot's tasks for which permission is being sought:
This bot will be used by a tool running on the toolserver to help the reviewers of WLM 2012 Germany nominating images. It will change categories for one file at a time. For preparation purposes it will also add a "helper" category to all image pages contained in the category "Images_from_Wiki_Loves_Monuments_2012_in_Germany", which currently is about 15000 images.
Automatic or manually assisted:
The bot will edit an image page on user request so it's actually manually assisted
Edit type (e.g. Continuous, daily, one time run):
Preparation will be a one time run.
During review process one file at a time will be edited on user request
Maximum edit rate (eg edits per minute):
For preparation there will be a large amount of edits in short time. This will only run one time though, and it will be restricted to 20 to 30 edits per minute.
During actual reviewing process it's hard to say, depends on how quick the reviewers are ;) Most likely less than 2 per minute
Bot flag requested: (Y/N):
PHP using botclasses.php
- I think will be good idea to just add category link in edit summaries.
- Is it possible to do approximately same for Category:Media needing categories. There are quite a lot of architecture related images, but not always as part of Wiki Loves Monuments.
- EugeneZelenko (talk) 14:53, 18 September 2012 (UTC)
- OK, edit comment will be a link to the category now.
- I don't exactly know what to do with those images in "Media needing categories". The approach to categorize uncategorized images and keep up categorization guidelines at the same time would be way more complex.
- Kai Nissen (WMDE) (talk) 17:16, 18 September 2012 (UTC)
- I meant that moving them from main uncategorized files categories to something like uncategorized architecture of country. --EugeneZelenko (talk) 14:51, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
- Is this request still needed now that the contest is over? --Dschwen (talk) 15:24, 2 November 2012 (UTC)