Commons:British Library/Mechanical Curator collection/Synoptic index/to do/Ancient Greece
This page contains further titles relating to Ancient Greece (mostly), that could be identified more precisely geographically, and then added to the main Mechanical Curator synoptic index.
Inclusion criteria: BL shelfmark 9025 - 9027, with two or more plates, or five or more images in total. Other inclusion-worthy titles may exist elsewhere with other (especially lower) shelfmarks.
Feel free to copy an entry to an appropriate place in the main index, then remove it from this page.
Georeferencing campaign: For any titles below that have a to georef template, please click on that templated link to see the maps and ground-plans from the book that still need to be geo-located on a present-day map of the world. This can be achieved using the BL/Klokan Georeferencer, which should be accessible from the Flickr page for each image via a link in the description section immediately under the image. With appropriate location information the map and plan images should then be readily uploadable to Wikimedia Commons with reasonably accurate automatic categorisation. See also: BL information page and overall progress page.
Pages in this series
Europe (history) | Balkans/Greece/Turkey (history) | Italy (history) | Spain and Portugal (history)
France (history) | Switzerland (history) | Central Europe (history) | Germany (history 1 2 3)
Low Countries (history) | Scandinavia (history) | Russia (history) | Poland (history)
England | Scotland | England/Scotland/Wales | Ireland
- ₪ The History of Herodotus, translated from the Greek. With notes. By ... W. Beloe. (1821; 10 images, 1 plate; 1 map to georef )
- (Book cat (100%)) A history of Ancient Greece ... Part the second ... A new edition, with corrections and additions. (1825; 5 images, 4 plates; 2 maps to georef )
- (Book cat (100%)) The nine books of the History of Herodotus, translated from the text of ... T. Gaisford. With notes illustrative and critical, a geographical index, an introductory essay and a summary of the History. By P. E. Laurent. (1837; 5 images, 1 plate; 1 map
- (Book cat (100%)) A History of Greece. (1845; 14 images, 14 plates; all 14 images are 14 maps to georef )
- The nine books of the History of Herodotus, translated from the text of ... T. Gaisford. With notes illustrative and critical, a geographical index, an introductory essay and a summary of the History. By P. E. Laurent. (1846; 6 images; 2 maps to georef )
- (Book cat (100%)) History of Greece and Rome, including Judea, Egypt, and Carthage ... New ... edition, with illustrations (1854; 9 images, 6 plates; no maps)
- The History of Greece ... Translated by A. W. Ward (1868; 5 images; no maps)
- (Book cat (100%)) "A General History of Greece from the earliest period to the death of Alexander the Great. With a sketch of the subsequent history to the present time. Abridged and adapted from ""A History of Greece,"" with additional chapters covering the period 404 B.C. to 1862 A.D." (1876; 11 images, 11 plates; 11 maps to georef )
- Xenophon's Anabasis of Cyrus ... With ... notes ... by R. W. Taylor (1877; 4 images, 2 plates; 3 maps to georef )
- Xenophon's Anabasis of Cyrus. ... With ... notes ... by R. W. Taylor. Gr (1879; 7 images, 3 plates; 5 maps to georef )
- (Book cat (100%)) A History of Greece, from the earliest times to the present ... With maps and illustrations (1881; 8 images, 7 plates; 6 maps to georef
- (Book cat (100%)) The story of the Persian War, from Herodotus. By ... A. J. Church. With illustrations from the antique (1882; 16 images, 15 plates; no maps
- The History of Greece: from the earliest period to the Roman conquest. With a sketch of its modern history to the present time. Adapted for schools and the youth of both sexes ... New edition, twenty-ninth thousand, enlarged and improved, etc (1885; 8 images, 2 plates;
- History of Greece ... A new edition. With portrait, map and plans (1888; 14 images, 13 plates; 13 maps to georef
- True Stories from Greek History (1892; 29 images, 13 plates; no maps)
- Cassell's Illustrated Universal History. (1893; 768 images, 624 plates; 25 maps to georef )
- (Book cat (100%)) Pictures from Greek Life and Story ... With illustrations (1893; 17 images, 4 plates; no maps)
- (Book cat (100%)) The Topography of the Battle of Platæa. The city of Platæa: the field of Leuctra ... With maps and plans (1894; 3 images, 2 plates; 2 maps to georef )
- Illustrated Battles of the Nineteenth Century. By Archibald Forbes, Major Arthur Griffiths, and others. (1895; 1039 images, 523 plates; 175 maps to georef )
- A Survey of Greek Civilization (1896; 11 images, 9 plates; no maps)
- (Book cat (100%)) Herodotus: the text of Canon Rawlinson's translation, with the notes abridged by A. J. Grant, Historian (1897; 5 images, 3 plates; all images are 5 maps to georef )