Commons:British Library/Mechanical Curator collection/Synoptic index/to do/Asia history
History of Asia and the Near East
This page contains further titles relating to the history of Asia and the Near East (mostly), that could be identified more precisely geographically, and then added to the main Mechanical Curator synoptic index.
Inclusion criteria: BL shelfmark 10370, with two or more plates, or five or more images in total. Other inclusion-worthy titles may exist elsewhere with other (especially lower) shelfmarks.
Feel free to copy an entry to an appropriate place in the main index, then remove it from this page.
Georeferencing campaign: For any titles below that have a to georef template, please click on that templated link to see the maps and ground-plans from the book that still need to be geo-located on a present-day map of the world. This can be achieved using the BL/Klokan Georeferencer, which should be accessible from the Flickr page for each image via a link in the description section immediately under the image. With appropriate location information the map and plan images should then be readily uploadable to Wikimedia Commons with reasonably accurate automatic categorisation. See also: BL information page and overall progress page.
Pages in this series
Europe (history) | Balkans/Greece/Turkey (history) | Italy (history) | Spain and Portugal (history)
France (history) | Switzerland (history) | Central Europe (history) | Germany (history 1 2 3)
Low Countries (history) | Scandinavia (history) | Russia (history) | Poland (history)
England | Scotland | England/Scotland/Wales | Ireland
- The History of the Crusades for the recovery and possession of the Holy Land. (1828; 3 images, 3 plates; maps
- A History of the reigning family of Lahore, with some account of the Jummoo Rajahs, the Seik Soldiers and their Sirdars. With notes on Malcolm, Prinsep, Lawrence, Steinbach, M'Gregor and the Calcutta Review (1847; 6 images, 6 plates; maps to georef )
- The Recent Operations of the British Forces at Rangoon and Martaban. With plates. (1852; 4 images, 4 plates; No maps
- Montrado. Geschied- en krijgskundige bijdrage betreffende de onderwerping der Chinezen op Borneo. Naar het dagboek van een Indisch Officier over 1854-1856 ... Met eene voorrede van P. J. Vith (1858; 2 images, 2 plates; maps to georef )
- The Nizam. His history and relations with the British Government. With plates and a map. (1861; 4 images, 2 plates; maps to georef )
- Campaigning on the Oxus, and the Fall of Khiva ... With maps and ... illustrations (1874; 35 images, 24 plates; maps to georef )
- The Chinese Reader's Manual. A handbook of biographical, historical, mythological, and general literary reference (1874; 6 images; No maps)
- The Rise and Decay of the Rule of Islam (1877; 14 images; No maps)
- Stirring Times, or, Records from Jerusalem Consular Chronicles of 1853 to 1856. By ... J. F. ... Edited and compiled by his widow E. A. Finn. With a preface by the Viscountess Strangford (1878; 4 images, 3 plates; maps to georef )
- The Manchus, or the reigning dynasty of China: their rise and progress. Maps and illustrations (1880; 8 images, 7 plates; maps to georef )
- Jerusalem, the City of Herod and Saladin. (1888; 6 images, 3 plates; maps to georef )
- The Sword of Islam, or Suffering Armenia. Annals of Turkish Power and the Eastern Question (1896; 49 images, 34 plates; No Maps)
- "A History of China. Being the historical chapters from ""The Middle Kingdom"" ... With a concluding chapter narrating recent events by F. W. Williams" (1897; 3 images, 3 plates; maps to georef )
- Chinese Researches (1897; 20 images, 8 plates; No Maps)