Commons:British Library/Mechanical Curator collection/Synoptic index/to do/Balkans history
History of the Balkans, Greece and Turkey
This page contains further titles relating to the history of the Balkans, Greece and Turkey (mostly), that could be identified more precisely geographically, and then added to the main Mechanical Curator synoptic index.
Inclusion criteria: BL shelfmarks 9135 - 9136, with two or more plates, or five or more images in total. Other inclusion-worthy titles may exist elsewhere with other (especially lower) shelfmarks.
Feel free to copy an entry to an appropriate place in the main index, then remove it from this page.
Georeferencing campaign: For any titles below that have a to georef template, please click on that templated link to see the maps and ground-plans from the book that still need to be geo-located on a present-day map of the world. This can be achieved using the BL/Klokan Georeferencer, which should be accessible from the Flickr page for each image via a link in the description section immediately under the image. With appropriate location information the map and plan images should then be readily uploadable to Wikimedia Commons with reasonably accurate automatic categorisation. See also: BL information page and overall progress page.
Pages in this series
Europe (history) | Balkans/Greece/Turkey (history) | Italy (history) | Spain and Portugal (history)
France (history) | Switzerland (history) | Central Europe (history) | Germany (history 1 2 3)
Low Countries (history) | Scandinavia (history) | Russia (history) | Poland (history)
England | Scotland | England/Scotland/Wales | Ireland
- The Russo-Turkish War; including an account of the rise and decline of the Ottoman Power, and the history of the Eastern Question (1877; 40 images, 40 plates; maps to georef )
- Cassell's Illustrated History of the Russo-Turkish War, etc (1877; 493 images, 408 plates; maps to georef )
- Russian Wars with Turkey ... With ... maps (1877; 2 images, 2 plates; maps to georef )
- Armenia, and the Campaign of 1877. ... With ... maps and plans (1878; 7 images, 7 plates; maps to georef )
- War in Bulgaria: a narrative of personal experiences ... With plans and maps (1879; 3 images, 3 plates; maps to georef )
- With the Armies of the Balkans and at Gallipoli in 1877-1878, etc. With plates and maps. (1880; 22 images, 11 plates; maps to georef )
- Cassell's Illustrated History of the Russo-Turkish War, etc. (1885; 483 images, 411 plates; maps to georef )
- Cassell's Illustrated History of the Russo-Turkish War, etc. (1890; 488 images, 416 plates; maps to georef )
- The Liberation of Bulgaria. War notes in 1877 ... With illustrations and maps (1894; 24 images, 16 plates; maps to georef )
- The Defence of Plevna, 1877. Written by One who took part in it (1895; 13 images, 9 plates; maps to georef )
- The Defence of Plevna, 1877. A review of the book of that title by W. V. Herbert. (1896; 4 images, 4 plates; maps to georef )
- Cassell's Illustrated History of the Russo-Turkish War (1896; 487 images, 427 plates; maps to georef )
- With the Turkish Army in Thessaly ... With illustrations and maps (1897; 21 images, 21 plates; maps to georef )
- Under the Red Crescent: adventures of an English surgeon with the Turkish army at Plevna and Erzeroum, 1877-1878. Related by C. S. Ryan ... in association with his friend J. Sandes, etc (1897; 3 images, 2 plates; maps to georef )
- With the Conquering Turk: confessions of a Bashi-Bazouk, etc. An account of the campaign in Thessaly in 1897. (1897; 4 images, 4 plates; maps to georef )
- The Battlefields of Thessaly. With personal experiences in Turkey and Greece, etc (1897; 12 images, 12 plates; maps to georef )