Commons:British Library/Mechanical Curator collection/Synoptic index/to do/EngScotWal
England, Scotland & Wales
This page contains further titles relating to England, Scotland & Wales (mostly), that could be identified more precisely geographically, and then added to the main Mechanical Curator synoptic index.
Inclusion criteria: BL shelfmark 10369, with two or more plates, or five or more images in total. Other inclusion-worthy titles may exist elsewhere with other (especially lower) shelfmarks.
Feel free to copy an entry to an appropriate place in the main index, then remove it from this page.
Georeferencing campaign: For any titles below that have a to georef template, please click on that templated link to see the maps and ground-plans from the book that still need to be geo-located on a present-day map of the world. This can be achieved using the BL/Klokan Georeferencer, which should be accessible from the Flickr page for each image via a link in the description section immediately under the image. With appropriate location information the map and plan images should then be readily uploadable to Wikimedia Commons with reasonably accurate automatic categorisation. See also: BL information page and overall progress page.
Pages in this series
Europe (history) | Balkans/Greece/Turkey (history) | Italy (history) | Spain and Portugal (history)
France (history) | Switzerland (history) | Central Europe (history) | Germany (history 1 2 3)
Low Countries (history) | Scandinavia (history) | Russia (history) | Poland (history)
England | Scotland | England/Scotland/Wales | Ireland
- Analysis of the Statistical Account of Scotland; with a general view of the history of that country, and discussions on some important branches of Political Economy. (Appendix.) (1825; 3 images, 3 plates; maps)
- On the Mountain: being the Welsh experiences of Abraham Black and Jonas White, etc. With botanical notes by T. F. T. Ravenshaw. (1862; 3 images, 2 plates; no maps)
- Cruise of the Ringleader (Canoe) (1870; 15 images, 1 plate; no maps)
- Twenty Years' Reminiscences of the Lews. By “Sixty-One” G. H. Hely-Hutchinson?. With portrait of the author and illustrations (1871; 4 images, 2 plates; no maps)
- A Trip to Skye. By Bell and Tina (1873; 6 images, 3 plates; no maps)
- Scenes of Scottish Story. Selections from various authors. With illustrations by the compiler and others. (1874; 76 images, 63 plates; no maps)
- Watery Wanderings 'mid Western Lochs. A practical canoe cruise (1886; 18 images, 10 plates; no maps)
- The Children of the Mist; or, the Scottish clansmen in peace and war. Notes, etc. With a plate. (1890; 7 images, 3 plates; no maps)
- In the Western Highlands of Scotland, and holiday notes at Scarborough (1890; 7 images, 1 plate; no maps)
- Historic Families, Notable People, and Memorabilia of the Lennox (1891; 18 images, 8 plates; no maps)