Commons:Commons Photographers User Group
Commons Photographers User Group (short: Commons Photographers) is a Wikimedia user group.
Description and mission
Commons Photographers is an international cooperative of photography enthusiasts who publish their images under free licenses. We are devoted to transcribing the world visually and having others benefit from our work through Wikipedia and other places that share our values.
We will give photographers in the Wikimedia universe a voice – a voice that will naturally represent the members of Commons Photographers.
We will improve our skills by learning from each other.
We will organize events in order to strengthen our community, to promote our values, and to engage in taking images together.
We are committed to increasing the amount and quality of freely licensed images on the internet.
- Actively increasing the amount of high-quality images through the daily work of our members
- Organizing group photo expeditions in order to target image gaps while enjoying fun time together
- Energizing both existing community members and new talents through awards
- Representing the Wikimedia photography community, e.g. at international events like Wikimania
- Promoting the idea of publishing high-quality image material under free licenses in on- and offline media, through exhibitions, and other means
- Enhancing our members' photography skills by teaching each other
Membership: eligibility and how to become a member
Past events and activities
- Your best shot 2018 (January / February 2019)
- Photo walk in Stockholm on August 14, 2019
- Photo walk in Stockholm on August 16, 2019
- Your best shot 2019 (January / February 2020)
- Virtual Meeting on May 30, 2020
- Copyright infringement info
- Establishment of a membership list
- Virtual Meeting on September 26, 2020
- Virtual Meeting on December 12, 2020
Quality images and featured pictures taken at user group events
- Commons Photographers User Group (April 2017)
Three active Wikimedians in good community standing (300+ edits and accounts older than 6 months) who are willing to identify themselves with the Wikimedia Foundation:
Please manage your subscription to group messages on Commons:Commons Photographers User Group/Subscribe