Commons:Commons SVG Checker
The checks include those for the following bugs:
<image>element may use
data:source but not external sources. (f.e. File:Ways_of_St-2._James_in_Europe.svg)
- Phab:T7792; does not handle
baseline-shiftattribute. Code checks for shift including
superor a nonzero shift.
textPathelement not supported. File:SVG Test TextAlign.svg
stroke-dasharrayattribute with spaces not supported (f.e. File:EKG-Reto_001.svg)
tspanpositioning does not support a list of positions (e.g.,
x="10 15 20", File:Korrespondierende_Säure-Basen.svg)
- Phab:T43422; Cyrillic
iddo not work (ASCII only?)
- Phab:T43426; HSL colors are not supported.
- Phab:T43424; SVG 1.2
flowRootelement (flowed text) not supported. Often used by Inkscape. (f.e. File:Petit_Monde_de_Gondry,_Jonze_&_Kaufman.svg, File:SVG_FAQ-FlowRoot's_bug.svg)
- Phab:T55899; SVG masks do not work (f.e. File:SVG_mask.svg)
- Phab:T65236; Chinese
writing-modetop-to-bottom text does not space correctly. File:History_of_the_Universe-zh-hant.svg, File:SVG Test TextAlign.svg
- Phab:T68672; SVG
styleelement must include
type="text/css"(default does not work).
- https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=645201 ; extraneous spaces in URL and RGBA values cause failure
- https://noc.wikimedia.org/conf/fc-list // 11/2015 ; only certain fonts are supported.
Other problems exist but are not checked.
- Text ignores
alignment-baselineattribute. File:SVG Test TextAlign.svg
- Text with
text-anchor. File:SVG Test TextAlign.svg
- Text with
text-anchorattributes File:SVG Test TextAlign.svg Test.svg
- Text uses wrong baseline for Arabic.
- Phab:T25643; SVG specifies font file (e.g.,
font-family="Helvetica-Bold") rather than separate family and weight (e.g.,
font-family="Helvetica" font-weight="bold"). Checker will flag the font file as an unknown font.
- Phab:T36947; There is a small font size quantization issue. File:StrekenProvincieUtrecht1.svg
- Phab:T43423; CSS child selectors are not supported by librsvg.
- Phab:T68551; CSS classes on
textelements are not inherited by child
tspanelements. If you want this, you need to add a separate class for
tspanas well, or use simply groups (but not in the text element as it Scour unfortunately does).
- fonts such as "Sans" are not generating warnings despite being in a list:
<use transform="matrix(-1 0 0 -1 0 0)" xlink:href="#a"/>does not work if it is mirrored two times (-1): File:Labanotation2.svg
<feGaussianBlur>seems to be a bit different from browsers: (f.e. File:Oxygen480-status-weather-clear-night.svg, File:Mahuri.svg, File:Pittsburgh_newspaper_consolidation_timeline.svg)
- Librsvg_bugs#Pattern on small scales (f.e. File:Pong.svg, File:Languages-Europe_edit.svg)
The Commons SVG Checker relies on third party services. By executing a check your browser sends the usual informations attached to HTTP-requests (IP-address, User Agent, Timestamp) to a web service located at https://tools.wmflabs.org/convert/. The service is maintained by Rillke, the server by the Wikimedia Foundation. Rillke does not track these requests but they may show up (anonymized) in the error logs.