Commons:Urheberrechtsregeln nach Gebiet/Britische Jungferninseln
Urheberrechtsregeln: Britische Jungferninseln
|Standard||50 Jahre p. m. a.|
|Fotografie||Veröffentlichung + 50 Jahre|
|Anonym||Veröffentlichung + 50 Jahre|
|Frist geht bis zum Jahresende||Ja|
|Berner Übereinkunft||5. Dezember 1887|
|Welturheberrechtsabkommen||27. September 1957|
|Welthandelsorganisation-Mitglied||1. Januar 1995|
|URAA-Wiederherstellungsdatum||1. Januar 1996|
|WIPO-Urheberrechtsvertrag||14. März 2010|
This page provides an overview of copyright rules of the British Virgin Islands (BVI) relevant to uploading works into Wikimedia Commons. Note that any work originating in the British Virgin Islands must be in the public domain, or available under a free license, in both the BVI and the United States before it can be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons. If there is any doubt about the copyright status of a work from the BVI, refer to the relevant laws for clarification.
The British Virgin Islands (BVI) is a British Overseas Territory in the Caribbean. The islands were colonized by the British in the 17th century. They islands gained separate colony status in 1960 and became autonomous in 1967. The BVI is self-governing, and its government enacts local laws.
According to Chambers and Partners as of 2019, the British Virgin Islands does not have its own copyright registry. The United Kingdom extended the Copyright Act, 1956 to the BVI by the Copyright (Virgin Islands) Order 1962 (SI No 2185 of 1962).
Under the Copyright Act 1956,
- Copyright subsisting in a work ... shall continue to subsist until the end of the period of 50 years from the end of the calendar year in which the author died, and shall then expire.[1956 Sec.2(3), 3(4)]
- If the work had not been made public before the death of the author, copyright shall continue to subsist until the end of the period of 50 years from the end of the calendar year which it was made public.[1956 Sec.2(3), 3(4)]
- Where the first publication of a literary, dramatic, or musical work. or of an artistic work other than a photograph, is anonymous or pseudonymous, any copyright subsisting in the work ... shall continue to subsist until the end of the period of 50 years from the end of the calendar year in which the work was first published, and shall then expire.[1956 2nd Sched. Sec.2]
- The copyright in a photograph shall continue to subsist until the end of the period of 50 years from the end of the calendar year in which the photograph is first published, and shall then expire.[1956 Sec.3(4b)]
Siehe auch: Commons:Panoramafreiheit
Nicht OK. The Copyright Act 1956 does not have provisions regarding freedom of panorama.
- British Virgin Islands
- Commons:Urheberrechtsregeln nach Gebiet/Britische Überseegebiete
- Commons:Urheberrechtsregeln nach Gebiet/Vereinigtes Königreich
- British Virgin Islands Law and Practice. Chambers and Partners. Retrieved on 2019-03-14.