Commons:Urheberrechtsregeln nach Gebiet/Guatemala
|Standard||75 Jahre p. m. a.|
|Anonym||Erstellung/Veröffentlichung + 75 Jahre|
|Audiovisuell||Erstellung/Veröffentlichung + 75 Jahre|
|Gemeinschaftswerk||Erstellung/Veröffentlichung + 75 Jahre|
|Frist geht bis zum Jahresende||Ja|
|ISO 3166-1 alpha-3||GTM|
|Berner Übereinkunft||28. Juli 1997|
|Welturheberrechtsabkommen||28. Oktober 1964|
|Welthandelsorganisation-Mitglied||21. Juli 1995|
|URAA-Wiederherstellungsdatum||1. Januar 1996|
|WIPO-Urheberrechtsvertrag||4. Februar 2003|
This page provides an overview of copyright rules of Guatemala relevant to uploading works into Wikimedia Commons. Note that any work originating in Guatemala must be in the public domain, or available under a free license, in both Guatemala and the United States before it can be uploaded to Wikimedia Commons. If there is any doubt about the copyright status of a work from Guatemala, refer to the relevant laws for clarification.
The territory of modern Guatemala was conquered by the Spanish in the 16th century. Guatemala attained independence in 1821 as part of the Federal Republic of Central America, which dissolved by 1841.
Guatemala has been a member of the Universal Copyright Convention since 28 October 1964, the World Trade Organization since 21 July 1995, the Berne Convention since 28 July 1997 and the WIPO Copyright Treaty since 4 February 2003.
As of 2018 the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), an agency of the United Nations, listed the Law on Copyright and Related Rights (Decree No. 33-98, as amended up to Decree No. 11-2006 of the Congress of the Republic) as the main copyright law enacted by the legislature of Guatemala. WIPO holds the text of this law in their WIPO Lex database.
Under Decree Number 33-98 as amended up to 2006,
- Except as otherwise provided in this Act, rights are protected for the life of the author plus 75 years after his death.[33-98/2006 Art.43]
- With works with two or more authors, the period of protection is based on death of the last surviving coauthor.[33-98/2006 Art.43]
- With computer programs and collective works, the term of protection is 75 years from the first publication or, if not published, from completion of the work.[33-98/2006 Art.44]
- With anonymous or pseudonymous works, the term of protection starts from first publication or, failing that, from creation.[33-98/2006 Art.44]
- With audiovisual works, the period is counted from the first authorized publication of the work, provided that such publication occurs within 75 years after execution. Otherwise, the period is counted from the performance of the work.[33-98/2006 Art.47]
The above terms of protection are computed from 1 January of the year following that of the event they are based on.[33-98/2006 Art.48]
The State and its public entities, municipalities, universities and other educational establishments in the country, shall enjoy the protection established by law.[33-98/2006 Art.49]
Siehe auch: Commons:Panoramafreiheit
Guatemala's copyright law as of 2006 says "With respect to already published works it is permitted, without the author's consent, besides what is set forth in article 32: d) The reproduction of a work of art exposed permanently in public places, or of the outer surface of buildings, realized by means of an art distinct from that used in making the original, provided that the name of the author, if known, the title of the work, if it has one, and the place it is located are indicated".[33-98/2006 Art.64(d)]
- Guatemala Copyright and Related Rights (Neighboring Rights). WIPO: World Intellectual Property Organization (2018). Retrieved on 2018-11-08.
- Law on Copyright and Related Rights (Decree No. 33-98, as amended up to Decree No. 11-2006 of the Congress of the Republic). Guatemala (2006). Retrieved on 2018-11-08.