|Native name||Ladd Observatory|
|Parent institution||Brown University|
The Ladd Observatory is an astronomical and educational facility in the Department of Physics at Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island. The building was designed by architects Stone, Carpenter, and Willson. It opened in 1891 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Observatory has a collection of 19th and early 20th century scientific instruments including telescopes, precision pendulum clocks, weather instruments, telegraph and wireless equipment. Today the facility is operated as a living museum. It is open to the public for telescope observing on Tuesday evenings. There are also a range of outreach programs to improve science education in local public schools and museums. .
- During the summer of 2013 Wikipedian in Residence User:Ktr101 photographed the collection of historic scientific instruments.
- We are looking for one or more interns for photography (in residence) and Wikipedia editing (online.)
- See Outreach:Wikipedian in Residence/Ladd Observatory for more information.
- Category:Ladd Observatory
- Category:Barus & Holley Observatory astronomical images