Extended uploaders is a special user group for registered Commons users who are trusted to perform restricted file uploads. Extended uploaders are supposed to be familiar with the project scope, and especially with the file license policy.
Extended uploaders have the following user rights:
- Upload files (
- Overwrite existing files (
- Not be affected by IP-based rate limits (
- Upload files from a URL (
- Uploading files from flickr using UploadWizard
- Exempted from the abuse filter that prevents most users from uploading MP3 files on Commons.