Thanks for your participation! The 2011 winners have been announced!
These policies were determined by the POTY 2011 committee and should not be modified without committee approval.
- Round 1 of POTY 2011
- from 23:00 [UTC] (Saturday)
- to 23:59 [UTC] (Monday).
- NOW proposed to change to 21:00 [UTC] (Thursday).
- The first three days are beta testing period. We announce in Commons-l and Commons sitenotice only.
- Votes in this testing period are also eligible.
- If you find a bug for the tool, please report it to MediaWiki talk:EnhancedPOTY.js; report other things to Commons talk:Picture of the Year/2011.
- After beta testing is over, CentralNotice banners will run in all available places in wikimedia until the end of the voting period.
- Round 2 will run from ___ to ___.
- There will be two rounds in POTY 2011.
- Round 1 will include all images promoted to featured picture status in 2011.
- Round 2 will include the top 32 (+α) images from Round 1.
- The top image will be declared as the Picture of the Year. The top three images will be featured as runners-up.
- Your account must pass the official POTY 2011 voter eligibility tool. To do so, you must:
- ...have registered before 2012-04-01
- ...and have more than 75 edits before 2012-04-01 (that is 2012-03-31 24:00 (UTC)/ (UTC) in any single Wikimedia project.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another Wikimedia project.
- For other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL.
- Due to the large vote volume, we are unable to accept voters that do not meet this criteria as determined by the official POTY 2011 voter eligibility tool.
In Round 1 - multiple vote - eligible users may vote for as many candidates as they wish to support (one vote per image).
In the Final round - single vote - eligible users may vote for only one finalist. Note: if a voter happen to cast more than one vote, only the latest (newest) vote will be counted as eligible"
Commons:Picture of the Year/2011/Galleries#Galleries by categories
- Round 1
- All FPs from 1 January 2011 to 31 December 2011.
- The top 32 images from Round 1, by number of votes, from any category will go to the final round - the categories are irrelevant when it comes to counting the votes.
- If category #1 are not in the top 32s, they will be also promoted to the Final to guarantees a diverse final.
No candidate should not be disqualified or replaced without careful discussion as long as they are not deleted (ex. A deletion request alone is not enough reason to disqualify an image.)
Commons:Picture of the Year/2011/Translations
Commons:Picture of the Year/2011/Translations#Announcements and Sitenotices
Tools and bots
- Vote button which can check voter eligibility
- Counting tool operated by Kalan
- voting by anons (there is already a filter)
- manipulation: check whether username=voter, prevent removal or change of other user's votes, prevent adding a vote to a picture, if there is already one vote by the user