Commons:Picture of the Year/2012/Rules/en
Thanks for your participation! The 2012 winners have been announced!
- Round 1 of POTY 2012
- from (Wednesday)
- until (Wednesday)
- The first three days are beta testing period. Please check whether the voting script is working successfully.
- Votes in the testing period — the first three days — are also eligible. The committee will count them as well as the votes cast in the later period.
- If you find a bug for the voting tool, please report it to MediaWiki talk:EnhancedPOTY.js; report other things to Commons talk:Picture of the Year/2012.
- Round 2 of POTY 2012
- from (Thursday)
- until (Thursday)
- There will be two rounds in POTY 2012.
- Round 1 will include all images promoted to featured picture status in 2012.
- Round 2 will include the top 36 (+α) images from Round 1.
- The top image will be declared as the Picture of the Year. The top three images will be featured as runners-up.
- Your account must pass the official POTY 2012 voter eligibility tool. To do so, you must:
- …have registered before UTC
- …and have more than 75 edits before (that is 2012-12-31 24:00 (UTC) / (UTC)) in any single Wikimedia project.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the hereinbefore requirements either on Commons or another Wikimedia project.
- For other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL.
- Due to the large vote volume, we are unable to accept voters that do not meet these criteria as determined by the official POTY 2012 voter eligibility tool.
In Round 1 - multiple vote - eligible users may vote for as many candidates as they wish to support (one vote per image).
In the Final round - single vote - eligible users may vote for only one finalist. Note: if a voter happen to cast more than one vote, only the latest (newest) vote will be counted as eligible.
|Arthropods (41)||Lepidoptera (74)||Birds (62)||Mammals (27)|
|Other animals (32)||Plants and fungi (50)||Bones, shells and fossils (18)||People and human activities (63)|
|Paintings and illustrations (62)||Sculptures, vitral and inscriptions (44)||Cities and ruins (61)||Constructions and buildings (98)|
|Interiors and details (62)||Panoramic views (60)||Nature views (60)||Astronomy, satellite and outer space (39)|
|Maps and diagrams (44)||Vehicles and crafts (40)||Objects, rocks and miscellaneous (40)||Videos and animations (12)|
- Round 1
- All Featured Pictures from 1 January 2012 to 31 December 2012.
- The top 36 images from Round 1, by number of votes, from any category will go to the final round — the categories are irrelevant when it comes to counting the votes.
- If category #1 are not in the top 36, they will be also promoted to the Final to guarantee a diverse final.
A candidate should not be disqualified or replaced without careful discussion as long as it is not deleted (Ex. : a deletion request alone is not enough reason to disqualify an image.)
Tools and bots
- Vote button which can check voter eligibility
- Table: will be generated by Kalan's Toolserver tool
- Voting by anons (there is already a filter)
- Manipulation: check whether username=voter, prevent removal or change of other user's votes, prevent adding a vote to a picture, if there is already one vote by the user