Commons:Picture of the Year/2013/Rules
- There will be two rounds in POTY 2013.
- Round 1 will include all images promoted to featured picture status in 2013.
- Round 2 will include the top 30 (+α) images from Round 1.
- The top image will be declared as the Picture of the Year. The top three images will be featured as runners-up.
Round 1 of POTY 2013
Round 2 of POTY 2013
Beta testing periods
- There will be several days of beta testing period, so we can check whether the voting script is working successfully.
- Votes in the testing period — the several days before the official opening date — are also eligible. The committee will count them as well as the votes cast in the later period.
- If you find a bug for the voting tool, please report it to MediaWiki talk:Gadget-EnhancedPOTY.js; report other issues to Commons talk:Picture of the Year/2013.
- Users must have an account, at any Wikimedia project, which was registered before Wed, 01 Jan 2014 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC].
- This user account must have more than 75 edits on any single Wikimedia project before Wed, 01 Jan 2014 00:00:00 +0000 [UTC]. Please check your account eligibility at the POTY 2013 Contest Eligibility tool.
- Users must vote with an account meeting the above requirements either on Commons or another SUL-related Wikimedia project (for other Wikimedia projects, the account must be attached to the user's Commons account through SUL).
- Even if a user has multiple eligible accounts, each user can only cast votes from one account.
- Votes from IP users will be considered invalid.
- Votes cast by ineligible users/accounts, multiple/duplicate votes cast in violation of the rules will be invalidated.
- Due to the large vote volume, we are unable to accept voters that do not meet this criteria as determined by the official POTY 2013 voter eligibility tool.
- We may contact you on your talk page for up to one year after you vote, in order to alert you to contest results and invite you to participate in next year's contest. You may opt-out at any time.
In Round 1 - multiple vote - eligible users may vote for as many candidates as they wish to support (one vote per image).
In the final Round 2 - single vote - eligible users may vote for only one finalist. Note: if you cast more than one vote, only the most recent vote will be counted.
|Galleries by content|
|Arthropods (60)||Birds (63)||Mammals (34)||Other animals (39)|
|Plants and fungi (32)||Bones, shells and fossils (13)||People and human activities (65)||Paintings (41)|
|Cities and bridges (60)||Castles and fortifications (69)||Religious buildings (63)||Constructions and buildings (89)|
|Interiors and details (52)||Panoramic views (54)||Nature views (103)||Astronomy, satellite and outer space (22)|
|Maps, diagrams and illustrations (30)||Vehicles and crafts (53)||Objects, rocks and miscellaneous (23)|
|Help · About these icons…|
- Round 1
- All Featured Pictures from 1 January 2013 to 31 December 2013.
- The top 30 images from Round 1, by number of votes, from any category will go to the final round — the categories are irrelevant when it comes to counting the votes.
- If category #1 and #2 are not in the top 30, they will be also promoted to the Final to guarantee a diverse final.
A candidate should not be disqualified or replaced without careful discussion as long as it is not deleted (Ex. : a deletion request alone is not enough reason to disqualify an image.)