Commons:Requests for rights/Approved/Rollback/2013
- I have Rollback right in fa.wp and I have enough information about this! In commons, I have Patroller right and some time I need Rollback right for undoing Trolls and vandals edits quickly. For example: 1 , 2 Thank you. MehdiTalk 20:50, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
- Done. Érico Wouters msg 20:58, 17 February 2013 (UTC)
- Soil patrolling recent changes with new files and I think it would help the rolback flag in cases of vandalism. I have this permission on other wikis and I know how it works. Thanks, Alan Lorenzo 02:32, 18 February 2013 (UTC)
Hello. I've severe problems during categorization of files. For example, in File:01- Prakash Kumar Meher.JPG, one user has been pitching for either Category:Abdul Kalam in 2001 (based on description in the file itself) or Category:Abdul Kalam in 2013 (based on the date of upload). But both these assumptions are totally wrong and I've explained the reasons on the file talk page as well as on the user talk pages see: 1 & 2. Since a simple "undo" is insufficient because of multiple intermediate edits, the use of roll back option will be very handy, if granted. Secondly, in some of the files for renaming, I've seen that users first alter the file description and then opt for rename requests. In many dubious situations, I had remove this type of nonconstructive edits in a tedious mannner which would not have been the case if I had roll back. Thirdly, I've been quick in detecting vandals and multiple account abusers - the latest probably being User:Piggy58 which I believe a new avtar of indefinitely blocked users such as User:Donaldduck100, the many new avtars of whom I've been able to detect. See my latest post about this user. Roll back also help me in this context. Hindustanilanguage (talk) 08:10, 25 February 2013 (UTC).
- Notice: Rollback is not intended to be used for editwarring. --Leyo 11:03, 25 February 2013 (UTC)
- There's no such thing like edit warring. Ronald zh is one of the best categorizers on Commons and I've full respect for him/her.
- Since our sysops sometimes ask for reasons/ examples for rights requested, my idea was to highlight the same. No idea of edit warring as such and its a grossly wrong notion and misinterpretation of my intention. It is also ironic that plain requests may be turned down because no immediate need is highlighted. When the same is done, there is a good friend who posts the above notice. Hindustanilanguage (talk) 11:21, 25 February 2013 (UTC).
- I have no problem with granting Hindustanilanguage the rollback feature. He, of course, does understand that its usage is mostly restricted to vandalism, and as per out rollback guideline. And if in doubt, I am certain he will ask; or as with all of us, risk losing access to the tool. russavia (talk) 13:49, 25 February 2013 (UTC)
Russavia is right - One can see this discussion on our village pump where I've tried to arrive at a consensus on renaming one of my own uploaded files, merely to avoid a feared editwarring. Also, this was also my strategy in my earlier postings on user problems noticeboard, especially, when there are uncertainties in the situations and discussions can lead to a clear and categorical solution. Hindustanilanguage (talk) 09:23, 28 February 2013 (UTC).
- Re: I too believe that there shouldn't be a problem with Hindustanilanguage being flagged with the rollback feature. In fact, if he'd asked me personally, I would have actually assigned it for him. He seems to be a level-headed person, and is also seen around quite often. Side note: Helping volunteers do their work should be a simple and happy process. If there are no serious issues, give them what they need. If something does unfortunately go wrong, remove the tool in a flash, discuss, decide. Happy editing! :) Rehman 13:56, 28 February 2013 (UTC)
Also thanks are due to all Commons admins and experienced contributors acknowledged, valued and supported my contributions.
- autoreview, or what is otherwise referred to as autopatrolled user right on the Polish Wikipedia even though I hold just about 50 edits on the project, that too, file moves on Commons impacting the project. This is surprising, since I've edited 100s of articles on both English and Hindi Wikipedias, created 53+ articles on Hindi Wikipedia and a few articles on English Wikipedia, including 2001 Odisha Assembly attack, being a very recent one. Yet I do not hold any special user right, not even, autopatrolled user right on these two Wikis when this right is granted to users that make a large amount of good edits, that do not need to be patrolled, to reduce the clutter on Watchlists. I guess that since I personally did not request the right, it was not granted to me. But I presume my good work on Commons prompted the friendly and considerate Polish admins to grant autoreview rights, and I'm thus proud of my work on Commons. Although I never visited Poland (just as many other countries of the world), I'm deeply moved by the generosity and friendliness of the Polish speakers and sysops who wholehearted granted me a privilege just by observing my work! Love you all!! Niech żyje Polska !!!Hindustanilanguage (talk) 14:26, 3 March 2013 (UTC).
- I recently screwed up with cat-a-lot and had to undo a bunch of edits by hand with was annoying. I also tried to undo some of my edits and got blocked by a heavy-handed abusefilter, which I could have bypassed with rollback. I've read the rollback guideline and understand it. Thank you. Legoktm (talk) 09:06, 2 March 2013 (UTC)
- I'd like to help in coping with work on Commons too. Thank you. Alchemist-hp (talk) 09:56, 27 March 2013 (UTC)
- To continue working within and contributing to Commons and to combat vandalism. Also as a tool to help correcting the occasional mistake in the Valued Image Set promotion process without having to manually undo multiple changes Thank you. Godot13 (talk) 09:08, 30 March 2013 (UTC)
- I've been a rollbacker for years and I'd like to retain such a right Thank you. Ecemaml talk to me/habla conmigo 23:28, 13 April 2013 (UTC)
- Done --Didym (talk) 23:45, 13 April 2013 (UTC)
- For reverting vandalism/spam. Thank you. Stas1995 (talk) 18:54, 27 April 2013 (UTC)
- 900 + more changes--Kolega2357 (talk) 16:07, 22 April 2013 (UTC)
- Rollback right will be useful to revert vandalisms :-) Thank you. Praveen:talk 02:53, 6 June 2013 (UTC)
- Done --Alan (talk) 19:44, 6 June 2013 (UTC)
- why make two clicks when it can be done with one? Thank you. Isderion (talk) 01:21, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
- I am familiar with Rollback. I've had it on enwp for 3 years. Thank you. –Fredddie™ 07:50, 14 June 2013 (UTC)
- For faster reverts when my bot or the gadgets I use does some wrong edits. Currently the undo-every-edit method is browser-crashing when undoing a few dozen edits. Thank you. Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 15:24, 10 August 2013 (UTC)
(Non-administrator observation) I have a few questions and queries for you Zhuyifei1999. First thing is, do you know what rollback is for? It should only be used in clear cut cases of vandalism by other users. Rollback isn't simply given because you have a slow computer. Some people use very old computers or slow phones and still live with the classic "undo" button. Rollback takes just one click and no confirmation click, so it isn't the "safest" tool to user. Second of all, it concerns me that your rationale is to revert wrong edits made by your bot or gadgets. That rationale in my eyes says that you can't be trusted with it because it will cause a mess and be deleterious to the project. I apologize for it being blunt, but I find it necessary to evince some honesty here, albeit I concur that eventually you could be trusted but it takes time and hard work. I just requested autopatroller, but only after making tons of good edits and creating many legit, high-quality pages and reading the the autopatroller page. Good luck in your future commons edits. 01:26, 11 August 2013 (UTC)
- COM:Rollback says but the tool can also be used to rollback your own mistaken edits or the clearly mistaken edits of another user which is myself and my bot
- If I do something with them, I would check my diffs, so I would know if I've done anything wrong. --Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 03:36, 11 August 2013 (UTC)
- I looked through your contribs. You appear to have experience, albeit that was a weak and poorly thought-out rationale/reasoning IMHO. The mess with the bot up above, but you could do well, albeit I must evince the necessity to be cautious. Thanks. 03:49, 11 August 2013 (UTC)
Rollback … this is "just a link which you click and the edit is undone"; there is nothing magical and as long as it is not used for edit-warring, there is usually no abuse of it. Of course one must be careful not to click it accidentally and it is important to disable "linkchecker" that goes over each link on a page and send out a HEAD-request. Zhuyifei1999, I give you the opportunity to prove you can be trusted but if you use it sloppily, this right is to be revoked immediately. -- Rillke(q?) 08:17, 11 August 2013 (UTC)
- Done -- Rillke(q?) 08:28, 11 August 2013 (UTC)
- I want to try protect from vandal and help project. I'm admin in wikidata and rollbacker in kowiki. So I clearly understand how to use it. Thank you. DangSunM (talk) 00:30, 31 August 2013 (UTC)
- I am Sysop in fa.wikipedia and i clearly understand how to use this right. Rollbacker right would help me combat vandalism more efficiently. Thank you. Darafsh Kaviyani (Talk) 21:22, 1 September 2013 (UTC)
- Done INeverCry 21:38, 1 September 2013 (UTC)
- I'd like to get the rollback-right. I'm checking many files for their changes, and to revert vandalism, this right would be helpfull. Thank you. CennoxX (talk) 23:30, 5 October 2013 (UTC)
- I am a long term user, and know how to handle the rollback right. I used to edit under other username, which had rollbacker rights, but I want to be given the tool to this account in its own right; I have made more than 1500 useful edits. Thank you. küñall (nütramyen) 22:50, 12 November 2013 (UTC)
- I've been contributing here for more than three years, and I've read the rollback guideline. I made more than 800 edits, I know it's not many, but I search (daily) for any vandalism at RC and undo what I find, I make the same thing globally by the way. Rollback flag would make my task so easy; since I have troubles with Twinkle. Thank you. Avocato (talk) 06:11, 8 December 2013 (UTC)
- Comment I hope:
- You can find spot more vandals in Special:AbuseLog where it has more possibility of having vandals than RC.
- This request has nothing related to the mass right granting on another wiki.
- You did or will apologize the misuse of tool labs last month, which makes it unusable for other tool labs users. --Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 13:43, 8 December 2013 (UTC)
- Hello @Zhuyifei1999:,
- Thanks for your advice.
- Sorry, I haven't understand this point.
- Yes, I've apologized for that before, and I apologize here again. I just want to clear that my intents was really good; since I was new on Toollabs.
- Greetings.--Avocato (talk) 16:11, 8 December 2013 (UTC)
- Comment I hope:
- Done --Steinsplitter (talk) 10:59, 9 December 2013 (UTC)