Commons:Science History Institute
|Science History Institute|
|Location||315 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 19106|
The Science History Institute, formerly the Chemical Heritage Foundation, is an organization whose institutional goal is to “collect, use, and share the history of science and technology”. Particular attention is given to the areas of chemistry and molecular science. Resources include the Othmer Library and oral history collection, museum collections of scientific objects and artwork, and extensive archives including the papers of several Nobel Laureates. The Foundation organizes exhibits and symposia, has an active Fellowship program for scholars, and is involved in granting several significant awards.
Through the spring and fall of 2013, and the spring of 2014, the Chemical Heritage Foundation has engaged in a pilot project, part of which involves releasing Images from the Chemical Heritage Foundation collections on Wikimedia Commons.
- A more organized presentation in which similar types of images are grouped into preliminary galleries can be seen here.
- Mary Mark Ockerbloom: Wikipedian-in-Residence at the Chemical Heritage Foundation since May 2013; at the Science History Institute since February 1, 2018, when the Institute was renamed.
- Images from the Chemical Heritage Foundation (curated gallery list)
- Category:Images from the Chemical Heritage Foundation (raw category list)
- w:Wikipedia:GLAM/Chemical Heritage Foundation at Wikipedia