The Wikimedia Commons community operates several accounts on external social media sites. The accounts are used for:
- Promoting featured content on Wikimedia Commons, such as Picture of the Day,
- Promoting issues as they relate to the wider Wikimedia Commons community,
- Engaging with "the internet" on issues as they relate to Wikimedia Commons,
- Engaging in outreach with copyright holders to make their holdings available on Wikimedia Commons,
- Engaging in outreach with GLAM-type institutions with a view to enter into partnerships,
Wikimedia Commons operates several accounts on external social media sites. They are used to facilitate new contributions and attract new contributors, while also announcing major project news like contests, policy discussions, and competitions. These accounts are also used to participate in the free content movement and to attract and engage with agencies working to make content freely available.
|Wikimedia.Commons on Facebook||Project page|
- These accounts are required to comply with Wikimedia Commons copyright and licenses.
- The accounts should represent the Wikimedia Commons community to the public.
- Social media on Meta.