A first version was released with digiKam is 2.6.0. You are strongly discouraged to used this version.
A new, greatly improved version has been released with digiKam 2.8.0, which can be used without big problems.
To use it on GNU/Linux, just install both the
kipi-plugins packages from your software management tool.
After you have installed digiKam then you'll just have to select images from your album and click "export" to start uploading to Commons. The plugin is also automatically used by some other programs, for instance gwenview (from the "share" button).
- Allow uploads to various wikis.
- Resizing files at upload
- Pre-filling of metadata from digiKam metadata (file name for title, EXIF date and time for date, title for text description, tags for categories, geolocation for latitude and longitude)
- digiKam official website
- Bug tracker (file a new one)
- Review by Scribbles and Snaps (June 2012)
- kipi-plugins project source code
- Temporary work page
- Article by Guillaume Paumier, who originally launched the project (2009)