- Twinkle does not work on Commons, but User:Mdaniels5757 is developing a new version that will!
- For now, for some of its functions see Help:QuickDelete and meta:User:Xiplus/TwinkleGlobal. For documentation, see w:en:Wikipedia:Twinkle/doc.
You probably should not be installing Twinkle yet. It is under active development by User:Mdaniels5757. You probably only should install it if you are Mdaniels5757, or they ask you to help. If you're fine with errors and using very much in development software, you can install it too, but I don't recommend it.
You can install it by going to Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-gadgets, and, under Tools for authorized users at the very bottom, enabling "Twinkle (developer use ONLY):".
Source code is available at GitHub.
Development progress by module
- Batchdelete (D-batch)
- Batchundelete (Und-batch)
- Batchprotect (P-batch)
- Speedy (CSD) (now with 42% fewer bugs!)
- Config (but changes will need to be made as development continues)
- DI (Image)
- Prod (does not exist on Commons)
- Deprod (does not exist on Commons)
- Welcome (done automatically)
- When an admin deletes using Twinkle, there are no links in speedy deletion reasons. For direct deletions, I suggest admins either tag the page with Twinkle and delete using the little trash can, or delete using the standard MediaWiki page without using Twinkle. Tag-only mode is not affected.