The Upload Wizard is the default method for uploading files to Wikimedia Commons. The below screenshot illustrates a typical uploading process. In the first step, a licensing tutorial is displayed to the user. In the second step, the user can select one or multiple files (up to 50 files at the time) and begin uploading. In the third step, the user has to clarify the licensing status of the file or files. In the fourth step, the user is required to add basic descriptive information for each file. If the files are uploaded successfully, the results are summarized in the final step to make it easy to copy and paste file information for the intended use.
- The Upload Wizard FAQ carries additional overview information.
- The Upload Wizard talk page allows users to comment on their experience while uploading files. As a consequence, that page receives a fairly high amount of continuing user comments and discussion, and is a good page for experienced Wikimedia Commons users to monitor.
- The Upload Wizard blacklist issues page was used by the Wikimedia community to report issues with the title blacklist which restricts allowed filenames on Wikimedia Commons.
- The campaign editors functionality can be used to customize Upload Wizard for multimedia competitions like Wiki Loves Monuments and other purposes.
- mw:Extension:UploadWizard – the code
- phabricator:tag/uploadwizard/ – the issue tracker
- Commons:Upload Wizard/Editing
- The discussion page is used for strategic community conversations about Upload Wizard.