Translate this page
license of audio recording
I have an audio recording of my father broadcasting the first jets in to National Airport (Reagan) in Wash, DC. in 1966. It was for WPRW in Manassas, VA. It is by Thomas C Ormond. Please let me know! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kocollier (talk • contribs) 15:17, 8 July 2015 (UTC)
Não Consigo Enviar Música Na Wiki Ta Demorar Muito Porque? — Preceding unsigned comment added by Estanislau Bungo Conde (talk • contribs) 13:12, 23 July 2015 (UTC)
Uploading a photo/photos
Hi I'm uploading some photos onto Commons. It will upload the picture, but not give a thumbprint. Then it will not let me upload any more photos. Please advise
sioux 7 Sioux 7 (talk) 06:13, 24 July 2015 (UTC)
Septuple & Octuple Diamond png needed
Hello, I edited the German wikipedia site of "Hikaru Utada discography" and like I saw they use images of the certifications and she got the highest certification of octuple "Million" (Japanese term for meaning of "Diamond"). Someone who could upload the images for septuple and octuple please? It's very rare I know but looks stupid if this gets no png while every certification is accepted. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Serdar² (talk • contribs) 19:26, 24 July 2015 (UTC)
- Let's see if I can decipher that. You edited de:Hikaru Utada/Diskografie that uses File:Gold record icon.svg and File:Platinum.png to represent music recording sales certifications, and now you are looking for icons like the ones in Category:Diamond disc, but with seven and eight discs, correct? —LX (talk, contribs) 21:22, 24 July 2015 (UTC)
Indonesian Wikipedia photo upload to Commons
I am working on the English Wikipedia article Mangkunegara IX, which also has his name as Mangku Negara IX.
The Indonesian Wikipedia photo of Mangkunegara IX has the file name Berkas:KGPAA Mangkunegara IX.jpg, and shows the source as https://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berkas:KGPAA_Mangkunegara_IX.jpg#filelinks in the details. I want this photo uploaded here, along with the proper details and licensing, so I can use it on English Wikipedia. I have not found help instructions here. Please help.--Dthomsen8 (talk) 00:44, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
- Hello Dthomsen8, look here. Regards --Jean11 (talk) 06:43, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
- id:File:KGPAA Mangkunegara IX.jpg is marked as non-free fair use content. It should not be uploaded to Commons, because fair use content cannot be hosted here. English Wikipedia allows non-free fair use content to be locally uploaded, but no Wikimedia project is allowed to host non-free fair use content if a free alternative could reasonably be created. The example used is "almost all portraits of living notable individuals".
- So it should probably be deleted from the Bahasa Indonesia Wikipedia, it probably shouldn't be uploaded to English Wikipedia, and it definitely shouldn't be uploaded here on Commons. —LX (talk, contribs) 07:17, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
- See  for all the rulers before Mangkunegara IX, which are on the Commons for me to use without copyright problems. --Dthomsen8 (talk) 13:03, 26 July 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, so? That doesn't negate anything of what I wrote. —LX (talk, contribs) 15:46, 26 July 2015 (UTC)
problem with uploading a file on commons
When I try to upload a DjVu file for the English Wikisource (file is 258mb), I have a 413 Request Entity Too Large after filling the form. I use the old form, as DjVu files never work with the new uploader. At the top, it's indicated that the file limit is 1000Mb. How can I receive this message? Thanks! --Ernest-Mtl (talk) 18:41, 26 July 2015 (UTC)
- DjVu files never work with UploadWizard? I'd either try Commons:VicuñaUploader or this script. However if UploadWizard always fails, it's likely that these tools are hindered by the same error. -- Rillke(q?) 00:25, 27 July 2015 (UTC)
- Update: the issue has been solved, see s:Index talk:Congressional Record Volume 81 Part 3.djvu --Waldir talk 12:45, 27 July 2015 (UTC)
Public domain images, city of San Diego
I was told that images produced by a U.S. municipal government agency are public domain, how can I upload an image produced by the City of San Diego and given to me by during negotiations with the City. Also, as part of those negotiations, I modified the San Diego image as part of a counter-proposal which I made and still have both original images and would like to upload them as part of a Wikipedia article.Rnieders (talk) 01:09, 27 July 2015 (UTC)
Subir archivos en formato .doc
Deseo saber si se puede contribuir con archivos de formatos .doc solamente, o es necesario pasarlos a ADOBE PDF. Muchas gracias. =cachamai=
- Hola, Cachamai. No se permite subir archivos de formato .doc. Es necesario pasarlos a PDF primero.
- Antes de subir estos archivos, le invito a revisar el alcance del proyecto. Anon126 (✉ ⚒) 21:56, 27 July 2015 (UTC)
please help - uploading logos with copyright
Help! I'm trying to upload a company logo to go with an already-existing article about that company.
The logo needs to be copyrighted, similar to this company logo: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Direct_Ferries_Logo.jpg
I cannot find any helpful info on how to do this! I can't believe how complicated this is!!!
Any help gratefully appreciated, many thanks. — Preceding unsigned comment added by GeeCee75 (talk • contribs)
- That Direct Ferries logo is on the English Wikipedia, not this site, and wouldn‘t be allowed here under those terms. Unless the one you want to upload is too simple to copyright (the example might actually pass on that basis under US rules anyway), we can’t host it here either. You can most likely post it there instead, because they accept non-free images under certain conditions. Note that it must include a fair use rationale like the above example, and that it will get deleted if not used in the specified article.—Odysseus1479 (talk) 17:31, 28 July 2015 (UTC)
How can I upload a jpeg photo of myself for inclusion in my page.
Many years ago a photo of someone who was not me was included in my wikipedia page. That was copied numerous times in many places. Consequently, if you look for images of maurice karnaugh online, you will find a melange of images, most of which are not me. I would like to correct this situation.
Please help, Maurice Karnaugh — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk • contribs) 19:54, 28 July 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Maurice! Firstly, you will need a photo which the person who created the photo is willing to release under a free license. (That's a copyright license that allows anyone to use, modify and redistribute the photo for any purpose. Non-copyright restrictions like personality rights will still prevent some uses of your likeness.) Secondly, the person who created the photo will need to register an account. (It takes less than a minute and doesn't require disclosure of any personal information – even providing an e-mail address is optional. If the photo is taken by someone other than yourself, it's easiest if they do the uploading so you don't have to deal with mailing in permission statements.) The third step is to go to Special:UploadWizard and follow the instructions there. Finally, for information on how to include it in an (English) Wikipedia article, see en:Wikipedia:Picture tutorial. —LX (talk, contribs) 20:37, 28 July 2015 (UTC)
Is this CC BY-NC-SA 2.0 and CC BY-NC-ND 2.0 are the right licenses to upload in the commons?--Exploringlife (talk) 15:11, 29 July 2015 (UTC)
- No. Commons only hosts free content. Content published under a license that prohibits commercial use and/or modifications is not free. —LX (talk, contribs) 21:41, 29 July 2015 (UTC)
Upload a new version of this file
Hi ! I could not upload a new version of File:Small_lake_in_Aletsch_Glacier_in_june_2015._Close_view.jpg so I had to upload File:Aletsch_Glacier_Lake_2015_and_Eggishorn.jpg with a higher definition on a new page instead of uploading this new version in the File history. What can I do to move this file to the page of the first file ? Thank you--Cquoi 20:09, 29 July 2015 (UTC)— Preceding unsigned comment added by Cquoi (talk • contribs)
- Hi Cquoi, what did you do to upload a new version/ why did it fail? -- Rillke(q?) 23:07, 29 July 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Rillke, I tried several times to click on "Upload a new version of this file" but it would not work maybe because I have a very slow connexion with public wifi where I am for the moment ! Thanks a lot for having moved my file. Regards. --Cquoi (talk, contribs)Cquoi 07:31, 30 July 2015 (UTC)
Trouble with displaying colors after upload
Hi guys. Doesn't really know whether it's the right place for my question...
I have uploaded my own picture File:Kit body chornomorets2015-16 home.png on the wikimedia commons. As one can see the picture has a blue light color. After the upload this color is properly displayed by wikipedia pages.
When I uploaded my own picture File:Kit_left_arm_chornomorets2015-16.png which uses the same colors as the one before, the wikipedia pages show another blue based color as one can see when we open the picture, for instanse, under the PC Windows Paint (Picture Editor).
Does anybody have a hint what is the problem about colors in the second picture? Thanks in advance and kind regards. 220.127.116.11 21:26, 30 July 2015 (UTC)
Maps of WWII
How can I contact the people who drew the maps of WWII? Thank you 2601:647:4001:B500:C62C:3FF:FE25:A96F 21:29, 1 August 2015 (UTC)
Nordmanntannen Christbaum Plantagen - Weihnachtsbäume aus Deutschland und Dänemark kaufen.
Das beste Weihnachtsbaum Angebot für Ihr Handelsgeschäft - Weihnachtsbäume für folgende Zielgruppen:
Ihr ultimativer Weihnachtsbaum Großhandel, Schwerpunkt Nordmanntannen Vermarktung an Nordmanntannen Händler.
Wir, das Team der Weihnachtsbaum Zentrale, greifen zurück auf viele Jahre der Erfahrungen mit Weihnachtsbäumen, Nordmanntannen in sämtlichen Größen und Preisklassen.
Hauptziel der Weihnachtsbaum Zentrale ist es, Weihnachtsbaum Kunden bestmöglich mit höchstem Wissen und Gewissen aus einer Hand zum Erfolg zum Verkaufserfolg zu führen.
Als Weihnachtsbaum Händler, für den Weihnachtsbaumgroßhandel, erwerben Sie bei uns, Tannen aus besten Weihnachtsbäume Plantagen, zum besten Nordmanntannen Preis.
Maps by Jean Baptiste-Louis Franqueline 1688
Two maps by Franqueline are dated 1688 showing (A) four of the Great Lakes on one map and (B) eastern North America on the other.
The subject of interest is Lake Superior and the country west of it, as far west as the cartouche.
The resolution of details on the web copies is rough and I cannot read the names of all the lakes. On map (B) there is a large lake with a circular name around it and a name inside it that may be Lac de Buade.
If it is Lac de Buade it would be reasonable to presume that Franqueline used that name to honor the Governor of New France at the time; Louis de Buade de Frontenac.
1) Please confirm the name of this lake is Lac La Buade
2) What is the provenance on this map in respect to the date 1688?
David Malaher (talk) 02:42, 2 August 2015 (UTC)
how do i download it
Support request for PDF upload
At Aban'gaan'chii Gaathaa this PDF link page number 42 to 397 are from 17th century (Author names being saint Kanhoba, Bhagubai and Niloba) and are undisputed India public domain.
First 41 pages shall take time to get reference to date of death of the author. So I am looking for support to get page number 42 to 397 of the said PDF getting uploaded to commons. We are planning to make available for unicoding the same at marathi language wikisource.
Thanks and Regards
Mahitgar (talk) 15:17, 2 August 2015 (UTC)
- @Mahitgar: Hi,
- Here you are: File:Aban'gaan'chii Gaathaa, by Taatyaa Tukaaraam.pdf. I let you add a description in Marathi. Regards, Yann (talk) 17:07, 2 August 2015 (UTC)