Commons:Voice intro project/eo
A project to make audio recordings in which Wikipedia subjects speak their name and introduce themselves, in response to a blog post, "Requesting open-licensed, open-format recordings of the voices of Wikipedia subjects for Wikimedia Commons" by Andy Mabbett (User:Pigsonthewing).
So that we know how a notable person pronounce their own names and what they sound like. The sound of their voice can be helpful, for example:
- as a way of identifying a person for people that have a vision impairment
- to confirm a person's identity, if you've heard them on, say, the radio
- to distinguish them from someone else with the same name
The pronunciation is useful:
- if you are about to meet them
- if you are about to mention them in a presentation or on air
In fact, you’d have the canonical pronunciation of their name: their own.
Se vi estas la subjekto de Vikipedia artikolo, bonvolu alŝuti ogg audio registrado de via propra, normala parolanta voĉo.
Se vi estas Wikimedian kiuj laboras kun konsiderinda popolo, vi povas fari tion por ili.
If you are (or your subject is) fluent in more than one language, please record a separate file in each.
Mi ne povas fari tion
If you can't make a FLAC or ogg file (or don't know what that means) you can e-mail us the wav or mp3 and release it under an open licence. If the file is too big to be e-mailed, you can use file sharing or sound hosting services like Audioboo, SoundCloud or Vocaroo. We'll do the conversion for you. You're welcome to drop a note on this page's talk page if you have questions or need help.
Tipe popolo diras:
“Hello, my name is [name]. I was born in [place] and I have been [job or position] since [year]”
You're welcome to say more!
Listen to some of the examples, in the project's English-language category.
Kion ne diri
- Don't mention that you're making a recording for Wikipedia/Wikipedia Commons
- No advertising, pitching for work, advocacy, proselytizing or politics.
Vi plene rajtas diri pli!
- Add a link to the recording, from the subject's page on Wikidata, using P990, with a qualifier specifying the language used.
- Transcribe the recording, as Timed Text captions.
Files are sorted into categories, by language. See a list of categories, at Category:Voice intro project.